Brisbane Nationals

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

balcom

#16 Postby balcom » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 am

Tony Q wrote:Tom

The Qld couple in question drove 4000kl round trip to do an F Class Training Day in SA .. now why is that? Also they befriended a couple of our FB guys while here with us, these FB guys are competing in the State teams and Queens shoots in Qld. The e-mail I received was a ‘hello how are you’ and I responded with ‘I’m fine and don’t forget to have a look at the Queens shoot at Belmont’. Maybe I should have said ‘what are you talking to me for your from Qld!’

These people are good solid folk who will make excellent F Class shooters, I don’t disparate between FS or FO as it’s purely an individuals choice but I will help where i can and especially when im asked for advice, guidance or direction. Maybe next time they Phone or e-mail me i should just ignore it?

Also, Every 3 months I get hit with questions from all over Australia due to our advertising, those who cant travel to SA but are interested in knowing more about F Class seek information and some one to talk to. On numerous occasions I have asked on this forum for contact people in some states with NO REPLY at all … oh the shame! While some have put there hands and numbers up, to their credit, some States just go blank.

Having a mentor, contact or friendly F shooter on the other end of the phone is what makes us great to the newcomer … ringing the organizer or state office, in my opinion, can be detrimental as a first contact for F Class as its like being passed around when you phone Telstra.

Now, I’ll climb back up my Dung hill and contemplate the things we in SA are doing wrong … lets see … Keeping F Class shooters together … Common Targets for F Class … Training Day Seminars for growth and education in F Class and FB … State F Class Rep and DRA F Class sub committee’s for proper information cohesion … Bugger, we are truly screwed! :oops:

Hi Tony,
It was my idea to have FSTD mixed with TR at brisbane, also to have the F Open move with the rest, not stay on the flag line.
All shooters are or should be able to read the wind so why only have F Class on line.
As to segregation, the F Std people I talked to were all ex full bore and are quite happy to mix, the idea seems to come from the south as far as I can assume from the comments made.
As far as the targets for the F Open shooters at Brisbane, there was a meeting on the mound after the shoot (without Matt and Chris) I dont know why they weren't there!, the change of targets for F Open was discussed and what was talked about was the costs, small country prize shoots etc and the comment was made that we all shoot on a TR target with a extra circle in the middle, ie half minute 6 or 10 whatever.
Think about it.
Also Tony, nobody came up to me asking to find any FSTD during the 10 days I was working at the Queens.
Peter Hayden, CRO NRAA.

Return to “Events”