South Oz - Anzac Day pairs shoot. (family only)

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

South Oz - Anzac Day pairs shoot. (family only)

#1 Postby Tony Q » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:23 pm

G'day

The Mount Barker Anzac Day Father and Sons shoot was great fun today, Mel and I have shot it for 3 years now and each year we are the only F Class shooters. While they don’t have F Class trophies we didn’t really care as it’s a great pairs shoot.

You need to be related though, blood relatives only can pair up in any configuration. You partner does not need to be a member of SARA so even your non shootin 5th Cousin's kid can pair up with you as long as your SARA current.

Now, Phil Bradshaw got up in the presentation and said how they all recognize the growth and importance of F Class. He will be supplying an F Class perpetual trophy in his fathers name for the next Anzac Shoot .. he made a big deal of it and it is a big deal.

So .. Put it in the diary Anzac Day 25th April 2007. We need to show support where we can :)

Just on the surface we have the following related pairs possibilities …

Me and Mell, Mel and Sue (mum), Me and Sue (wife)

The Otto clan in the same configurations as above????

The Braud brothers

John and Will ( Dad and Son, MBRC)

Glen H can adopt Bruce.

Lou W can adopt Chappy

Who else is ‘family’ in F Class ?????

Ps. Dob in a possible .. Mel Q at 600yrds (FB Target) 25/04/06, coached by me of course :lol:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:05 am

PJ .. yes you can shoot with your nephew, you know, the one who showed us all up with a 99 on his first shoot ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

bruce moulds

#3 Postby bruce moulds » Mon May 01, 2006 10:56 am

maybe when this shoot is moved to a more fclass friendly venue, it should be considered more strongly by fclass shooters.
concept good.
reward the venue, not so good.
bruce

Tony Q

#4 Postby Tony Q » Mon May 01, 2006 11:11 am

HI Bruce

I know :!:

The venue has nothing to do with the Anzac Shoot, it has its own commitee made up of several other club members and its own association.

This venue has been the same one since 1930 and it wont change :)

But, they have taken the next step to becoming F Friendly by providing a perpetual F Class trophy (one F Class but FS shooters will be handicaped like the DRA teams) .. its now our turn to keep in step and show how serious we can be.

Step by Step mate 8)

Yogi

#5 Postby Yogi » Thu May 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Fair go Tony,

It has only been held at Mt Barker since 1970.

Prior to that, it was conducted at the Torrens Valley Range at Athelsone.

I remeber that during the 1969 competition, we had to stop shooting and shoo the Bush Walkers off of the range (that's one of the reasons, the range closed.

Return to “Events”