MAREEBA OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

DaveMc

MAREEBA OPM

#1 Postby DaveMc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 am

Mareeba prize meeting on this Sunday 23rd FEBRUARY. Long range leadup (8/900) at Atherton on Sat (22nd) for a great weekend.

DaveMc

results

#2 Postby DaveMc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 am

A great weekend had by all (and v good turnout). Congratulations to Eric Christie taking out the TR, John Lorimer (shot brilliantly) for F standard and Dave Stewart continuing his excellent form taking out another prize meeting (every one over last 12 months or so in a very good field - he dropped one point this time though showing an opening of sorts :D although most others dropped many more!).

Conditions started off absolutely dead for those lucky enough to get away early but then soon picked up to a twitchy left and right for some tricky shooting.

Sorry I only have a photo of FSB and FO but will try and get one of other board posted as well

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

johnk

#3 Postby johnk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 am

Great to see Johnny Baxter can still get to the mound.

We still remember John & Stewie Mowat at the first scoped rifle event run by the QRA - the 1997 Australia Shooting Games. John was equipped with something or other attached to the most disreputable Parker Hale TX1200 stock imaginable & Stewie had a .300 Win mag nailed to a section of railway sleeper.

DaveMc

#4 Postby DaveMc » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

Yes it was great to see John there, he is a bit of a local legend up here. Many thanks should go to a couple of the Mareeba lads (Especially Dudley + Arthur and Barry) who regularly pick John up and get him to the range and help in many other ways.

Ben F

#5 Postby Ben F » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Quality of FO competition in NQ looks pretty good looking at the scores. Great to see.

I plan to take the family up when the kids get a bit older so they can take a look at my home town of Innisfail.

Got me thinkin about a NQ shooting tour.

DaveMc

#6 Postby DaveMc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:36 am

Gday Ben, a good tour month is around the Mackay Queens. Followed by Cairns and CIDRA prize meeting then followed by Townsville prize meeting. A month of sight seeing, reef, rainforest and 3 great shoots - Heaven :D

Return to “Events”