where are the possibles ?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

where are the possibles ?

#1 Postby Chopper » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 am

has nobody shot a possible in fs beyond 600,none are registered in this site ,how about letting us know at what range and what with,seen a couple of goodns at glenrowan well done lynn otto,chop.

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:34 am

Chopper

There were 11 possibles shot at Glenrowan, mine were only two of those, there were 8 shot in A grade and 3 in B grade over the two days.

300 Yd: 2
500 Yd: 2

300 Mt: 3
500 Mt: 2
600 Mt: 2

Personally, I choose not to have posssibles posted as I honestly only see them as the best way to win (maximum score) rather than as a possible.

Unfortunately, at Glenrowan shooting a possible didn't necessarily guarantee you the win. :cry: One of my range wins was courtesy of a lovely lady who conceded the range rather than shoot off.

Lynn

Chopper

#3 Postby Chopper » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:18 am

my point was to find out who is using what 223 or 308 as i beieive they stand side by side , as i said it would be good to know who is using what to register possibles over tbe long ranges as a comparison,point of interest thats all,not long ago we won the dra teams over 3 ,6,8,and 900yds at bendigo with 2 rifles both 223,and by 12 points,and there were some pretty hot teams there,interesting dont you think,chop.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:43 am

Chopper,

I know that many shooters are reluctant to put the possibles on because they don't like to big-note themselves. You may notice that John Eland and Matt Paroz are both there. I pushed them into it, hoping others would follow, which they haven't. Another reason is of course that many don't have web access or don't visit this site.

I think there are good reasons apart from yours to have a possibles list, not the least because because when an average or new shooter does get a possible, they can have their name on the board alongside the best in the business.

So soon I'm going to start a campaign called "Dob in a Possible"! If they can't or won't do it, someone else will. And that includes me - I'm aware of many F-Std possibles and quite a few F-Open which appear in the Queens and OPM results. Watch this Space :wink: !

Alan

Lynn Otto

#5 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:46 am

I would say that was a good shoot and indeed interesting. I can tell you that I used a 223, and will do for all ranges. Unfortunately I very rarely bother looking what others use, perhaps others can post what they used, it would be interesting.

Just as an added note, I use a 223 for physical reasons but I believe it holds its own against the 308, it's just me that lets it down sometimes. :cry:

Lynn

Return to “Events”