Nationals

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#16 Postby RAVEN » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:00 pm

I agree john the ppl that put the events together don’t seem to give the ad much thought
I to was confused on what the cost of entering was going to be and although not every one can win it is always nice to now you may go home with some sort of certificate of achievement.
Here in crow eater land we award 5 badges so making a trip here would be worth it is $170 for lead up and queens and accommodation on range is $40 for the week we also have full catering Yes that’s right folk breakfast lunch and dinner BTW the menu is very extensive and cost very reasonable.
I have only been to one queens out side SA and I did enjoy the event the facilities i.e. food accommodation on range were very ordinary I do believe from speaking to ppl that have been all over Aust that SARA probably put on one of the best events IMO in Australia maybe we should have the nationals here LOL :lol:
Cheers
RB
:lol: :lol:

jlorimer

Nationals

#17 Postby jlorimer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:51 pm

Raven! I'm not knocking Belmont. The facilities and catering there is first class, even to motel accommodation on range if you so desire. Maybe Matt might have a handle on what the Nationals consist of, and how many badges (etc) are available for the F Class competitors. Just wish I could get there!
Keep 'em in the Super V. John Lorimer

RAVEN

#18 Postby RAVEN » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Dont we all John

Matt P

#19 Postby Matt P » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Last year they had 2 badges but concidering there were only 6 competitors I guess thats not too bad, I don't know how many are on offer this year but seeing as there is or will be a new EO they maybe a bit more generous. If numbers continue to be poor can we exspect them to put more badges on for us ??????
John
It cost you 1k !!!!! I'm flying up and staying on the range and it will cost about $340 + ammo.

Matt P

RAVEN

#20 Postby RAVEN » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 pm

If there were only 6 compeditor that is reasonable
you will have to watch out for Kelvin he's on his home turf Matt
John might have a large bar bill Matt :lol: :lol:
Cheers
RB
Last edited by RAVEN on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlorimer

Nationals

#21 Postby jlorimer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:55 pm

OK! Guys, I can take it, but seriously consider this - 3000k round trip pulling a van, Van charges fo one week; lead up and Queens noms, $240.00; food costs for a week; 200+ rounds of ammo + "bar Bill"!!!! $50 & that includes icecream on the range as well. There's not much left of my $1K.

Flying would be the way to go. - But, I don't Fly, If I ever meet up, I'll tell you why.
Matt I hope you get more numbers this year, I can't understand, why the locals didn't support it last year, but there must of been a good reason, I found them to be a good lot of blokes, and they like their competition. :D :D
Keep 'em in the Super V. John Lorimer

RAVEN

#22 Postby RAVEN » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:19 pm

The truth be known John i never add it up toooo scary :lol:

balcom

Re: Nationals/Badges

#23 Postby balcom » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 am

jlorimer wrote:Raven! I'm not knocking Belmont. The facilities and catering there is first class, even to motel accommodation on range if you so desire. Maybe Matt might have a handle on what the Nationals consist of, and how many badges (etc) are available for the F Class competitors. Just wish I could get there!

:arrow: John, Badge numbers are
Presidents match 1, Queens 1, Grand agg 2, FSTD & FO :oops: F Open.
PeterH

RAVEN

#24 Postby RAVEN » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:13 pm

I think they should have at least 3 badges for each grade. Small OPM's in South Australia have more badges than this and this is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS????
How many are the having for C Grade

balcom

Badges.

#25 Postby balcom » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:01 pm

RAVEN wrote:I think they should have at least 3 badges for each grade. Small OPM's in South Australia have more badges than this and this is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS????
How many are the having for C Grade

Raven, I agree with you on that, whilst they are very good badges unless all members complains about the numbers they probably won't up the numbers or they might hope we go away, I would like to win one but will be the RO, good luck to all thats entering.
I dont know how many in C grade, maybe they will read this & let you know,
PeterH

pjifl

#26 Postby pjifl » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:12 pm

I cannot see me making the Nationals in Brisbane but I will be supporting the major shoot in Raglan, The NQ Queens in Mackay, and the very major shoot in Townsville as well as all local Annuals.

Travelling to these will cost me a packet on top of recent events and time will be an issue because after Raglan I will have to drive 500 miles home, reload and do other chores, and almost immediately leave for Mackay less than 1 week later.

Although its sad, the NQ Queens and Townsville will most likely both be far more significant events with respect to F shooting than the Nationals.

Sorry about the Natinals but one has to face reality and I am certainly supporting a radius of 500 miles around my own area.

Peter Smith.

balcom

Nationals

#27 Postby balcom » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:37 am

pjifl wrote:I cannot see me making the Nationals in Brisbane but I will be supporting the major shoot in Raglan, The NQ Queens in Mackay, and the very major shoot in Townsville as well as all local Annuals.

Travelling to these will cost me a packet on top of recent events and time will be an issue because after Raglan I will have to drive 500 miles home, reload and do other chores, and almost immediately leave for Mackay less than 1 week later.

Although its sad, the NQ Queens and Townsville will most likely both be far more significant events with respect to F shooting than the Nationals.

Sorry about the Natinals but one has to face reality and I am certainly supporting a radius of 500 miles around my own area.

Peter Smith.

Peter,
We cant be every where and it's good to see you supporting your area, I'm in the position where I can get to most shoots, 5 weeks in Vic, Darwin & Syd,Bris,and a lot of other shoots but I had to wait years for the chance,
Good luck in Raglan, i will be at Inverell, they have a good following in F Class over Easter.
PeterH

Return to “Events”