Warracknabeal OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Warracknabeal OPM

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 pm

This looks like another good Warracknabeal effort. Once again they are encouraging the under 21 shooter, in ALL categories. And F/TR is there too.

Flyer : http://ozfclass.com/forums/pdf/Warracknabeal_Rifle_Club_PM_Flyer_2012.pdf

Have never seen the range, so might make the effort myself.

Alan

orangegrove

#2 Postby orangegrove » Tue May 15, 2012 6:19 am

That would be great if you could make it Alan. We have a pretty good range with all mounds covered in artificial turf

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am

orangegrove wrote:We have a pretty good range with all mounds covered in artificial turf

I assume if you have artificial turf you will not be wanting rests with spiked feet on them. Can you please supply some information re this so alternative set ups can be made.

orangegrove

#4 Postby orangegrove » Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Rests with the large plastic short spiked feet are fine or a thick carpet tile works well (this is what the VRA did for the Queens)

Lynn Otto

#5 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Looking forward to catching up with everyone this year. At this stage we are bringing a small invasion party of 6 shooters including 2 juniors. Some nice weather would be a bonus but I will settle for some great people for company. :D

mick l

#6 Postby mick l » Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 am

Gday Lynn,

Your small invasion party will be most welcome at Warracknabeal this year again. as will all past and new shooters:-)

We will do our best with the weather. the order has been put in already........................ but one thing i can guarantee is the good company :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spikes are ok on any gear as long as they don't puncture the mats , we have been using the astro turf for many years now and haven't had any problems so far with spikes, so we dont see a need to "ban" any gear as long as care is taken.

F/TR is on the calendar this year and we hope that those who have been talking about F/TR can make use of this opportunity.Yes it will be run under the ifcra rules.

Hope to see you all at Warracknabeal

Mick

mick l

#7 Postby mick l » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:05 pm

So here we are on the eve of another great weekend \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Everything is ready for an early kick off and the forcast for the local area is looking awesum for the whole weekend although maybe a tad cool.
So grab a coat n we will see you all on the range for an 8-30am kickoff and dont forget there will be an evening meal at the range on Saturday night.

Ps. Anyone looking for suplies from the VRA shop remember to order them and Rod n Cheryl will deliver them on Saturday.

Mick

bartman007

#8 Postby bartman007 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 am

Looking forward to a great weekend.

It's wet in Gippsland at the moment, so the trip west should do me good.

Sounds like you have quite a few F Open shooters going. +1

Cheers,

Bartman007

orangegrove

#9 Postby orangegrove » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 am

A big thankyou to all who attended our OPM on the weekend it was good to see so many first timers to our OPM and a lot of returners as well. I must say we turned on the most interesting conditions we ever get at our range for you all to enjoy :)
Results.
A grade Geoff Evans 295.34 Mick Liston 295.31 Alan Hobbs 295.25
B Grade Stephen Nitschke 296.30 Doug Chalmers 287.20 Peter Hulett 286.20
C Grade Carolynn Nitschke 284.20 Richard McRae 270.11 Raymond Tapps 258.11
FA Matthew Terpkou 353.26 Noel Uren 343.23 Daniel Sandford 342.19
FB Rob Neil 340.12 Alex Kerin 332.16 Ben Greiger 320.06
FO Mike Waites 357.27 Daniel Bennett 351.27 Adam Davies 349.25

DannyS

#10 Postby DannyS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks Warracknabeal Rifle Club for hosting such a good prize meeting, it was a very enjoyable weekend.

I appreciate how much effort goes in to putting on such an event and you should all be congratulated. If there is anything that can be done to help next year, please ask.

It was great to see the number of juniors competing.

Everything appeared to run smoothly in a nice relaxed manner.

Will be back next year.

Cheers
Danny :)

bartman007

Well done - a GREAT OPM

#11 Postby bartman007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 am

To all the Warracknabeal club members, especially Mick and Carolynn, you put on a great event.

Things just ran so smoothly, and it shows how competitor marking should be done more often. Great work from the Hulett's in performing the Range Officer roles.

And Mick, you said the weather was looking good for the weekend, and you were right :shock:

Catch you again next year, and congrats on a well run OPM.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 am

Well done Mike Waites and Matt Terpkou. If it was as windy in the west as it was in the east then the wins would have been hard earned.

Sorry I didn't make it - had to help keep the home fires burning.

Mike - which 7mm did you use?

Alan

bartman007

#13 Postby bartman007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

which 7mm did you use?

Sorry Alan, you had to be there to find that one out :D

Matt shot extremely well over both days, well done! It was all I could do to keep the F Std "Junior" in his place...only just behind the F Open boys! He did however get us on the first day :!:

Lynn Otto

#14 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

It truly was a great weekend despite the cold conditions, well done Warracknabeal, especially Mick and Carolynn. Of course I spent Sunday in the clubhouse by the fire, I decided to quit while I was ahead having faired reasonably ok on Saturday. I was very impressed with how well everything ran and the easy going, friendly atmosphere, it was a pleasure to spend the weekend with some great people. I was very happy with the support shown to the juniors, support which is reflected in how many juniors were there competing. I'm proud to say that my junior acquitted himself quite well and a big thank you to Carolynn for providing Alex with an age appropriate prize for his Day 1 Agg win. Trevor and I are more than happy to support this event again next year.

My congratulations to the winners in all classes but especially to the two juniors who did so very well, Matt in FS A who shot consistently and well all weekend and Stephen in TR B who outshot the entire A grade field.

I would also like to say how nice it was to meet some of the forum members, so thank you to those who took the time to introduce yourselves. :D

orangegrove

#15 Postby orangegrove » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Thank you to all for your kind words they have been coming thick and fast all day. We must have done something right :)

Lynn I want to pass on a vote of thanks from the club for your help in the Stats office on Sunday, it was most appreciated.

Carol and Peter your help stepping up to be range officers was most appreciated and you did a wonderful job Thank you

And I agree it is great to put faces to the names on ozfclass.

See you all around somewhere soon.

Carolynn

Return to “Events”