ACT Queens F-Open Blog

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Southcape

#31 Postby Southcape » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Congratulations Rod, and everyone else on their win.
Linda

AlanF

#32 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 pm

DaveMc wrote:Thanks Alan.
Did anyone give the hybrids a run at Canberra??

Dave

Dave,

No-one actually said so, and I think I probably would have heard if they were used. I think Rod Davies has some and he used his 284 barrel at some ranges so he may chime in on this.

Can you be tempted to make the NSW Queens? - if you haven't shot there before it might be your last chance - its similar in aspect to Swanbourne, but with a deeper dish and panoramic views.

Alan

RDavies

#33 Postby RDavies » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 pm

I have tried them but didnt use them in Canberra. I only had limited time to test them , but so far I had better accuracy with the VLDs. I wont be using them in Sydney either.

Chopper

#34 Postby Chopper » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Well done Rod and others, good bunch of blokes, Chop.

bartman007

#35 Postby bartman007 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

RDavies wrote:I used the 6.5 Gertrude for 6 of the ranges and even it nearly gave me a few near 5s with verticle as the shoot progressed, so there is nothing magical there, just a ballistic twin to the 260 Rem. I can send reamer prints to anyone if I find it.

Rod, while the Gertrude might be competitive, alas it is still up to the nut behind the bolt to make the right decisions with the wind dial.

On another note, I was using the Hybrids two weeks ago and they didn't make allowances for the wind :shock:

And last week they shot as well as the VLD's.

So to all those hopefull shooters, it still comes back to you to make the right wind readings.

DaveMc

#36 Postby DaveMc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 pm

AlanF wrote:
DaveMc wrote:Thanks Alan.
Did anyone give the hybrids a run at Canberra??

Dave

Dave,

Can you be tempted to make the NSW Queens? - if you haven't shot there before it might be your last chance - its similar in aspect to Swanbourne, but with a deeper dish and panoramic views.

Alan

Alan,
I would love to make it down there - I have caught the bug BIG TIME. A few logistical issues though - main one being work. August to October is our slow season (so was great to get in a few Queens whilst we were quiet) Christmas to Easter is our busy one and a bit difficult (but not impossible so I will keep working on it). I can see we are all going to have to keep the practice up to get even close to the Rod Davies Express.

Return to “Events”