NSW McIntosh & Queens - Sept 2011

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tman

#16 Postby Tman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, that looks more promising, we are not out of the woods just yet.

I hope that they can keep the dates, as the following Saturday I am off to New York and Washington for three weeks.

Worst case scenario, I shoot the Macintosh instead. Keeping my fingers crossed.

M12LRPV

#17 Postby M12LRPV » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Latest update today

http://www.nswra.org.au/
Latest Update 28th August 2011

NSW QUEENS ADVICE

ANNOUNCEMENT RE NSWRA 135th ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

“H.M. THE QUEENS PRIZE”

The NSW Police Firearms Registry (FR) has advised that a decision in relation to the application for a review of the Revocation Order revoking the Range Approval for Anzac Rifle Range Malabar served on July 22nd last, and lodged by NSWRA on August 9th last, will be decided by the end of this coming week (i.e., September 2).

This being the case and if the application for review is positive – that is the range approval is reinstated – then “The Queens” will proceed as advertised at Anzac Range Malabar 14th to 18th September as promulgated.

If on the other hand the review application is negative for us – that is the FR decision does not reinstate the range approval – then “The Queens” will be postponed and an announcement will be forthcoming from NSWRA in relation to our position.

Immediately on receipt of the FR decision as aforementioned the result will be posted on this website.

John Fitzgerald,

Chairman.

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:20 pm

According to a statement on the NSWRA website this afternoon, the Firearms Registry had not notified them of any decision by 5pm, so it'll be next week presumably.

Matt P

#19 Postby Matt P » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Anybody heard any more ?? There is nothing on the website and I don't want to ring and waste their time but need to organise time off work.
Matt P

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:32 pm

POSTPONED to a date undecided, and possibly cancelled. Announced this evening on the NSWRA website. Everything about this points to political interference in a Police matter. Very disappointing.

Tman

#21 Postby Tman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Guys, just an update on the NSW Queens scheduled for next week.

The NSWRA as of today has postponed the Queens until further notice pending further investigation by the NSW Firearms Registry and the appeal on the Revocation notice issued to the NSWRA.

The NSWRA will advise accordingly when the range will be reopened and the Queens to be shot

For further information read the following from their webpage at http://www.nswra.org.au/

NSWRA 135th CHAMPIONSHIPS (QUEENS PRIZE) POSTPONED

DUE TO THE NSW POLICE FIREARMS REGISTRY EXTENDED INVESTIGATION OF THE REVIEW FOR REINSTATING THE ANZAC RIFLE RANGE APPROVAL WE ADVISE THE CHAMPIONSHIPS SET DOWN FOR THE PROGRAMMED DATES OF 14th to 18th SEPTEMBER NEXT ARE POSTPONED TO A DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.

WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND WILL ADVISE THE PROPOSED ALTERNATE DATES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THIS OF COURSE DEPENDS ON A FAVOURABLE REVIEW OF OUR APPLICATION TO FIREARMS REGISTRY WHICH HAS NOW BEEN ADVISED BY THEM OF MID SEPTEMBER.

JOHN FITZGERALD,

CHAIRMAN.

The NSWRA appreciates the concern of its members in wanting to know what is happening in regard to our ongoing problems. We however do request that members refrain from ringing or emailing the NSWRA office requiring individual updates.

With reduced staff and an extremely heavy workload your emails and phone calls unfortunately are causing problems.

Please continue to watch this website for developments. This will be the first site any breaking news will appear.

Tman

#22 Postby Tman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Anzac Range is now back open, no details yet about the Queens.
Not in November as it coincides with Canberra ACT Queens, maybe December or February about the time of the Festival of Sydney Shoot.

NSWRA will advise via their site as details come to hand

Return to “Events”