Vic Queens F-Open - Remote Blog

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello from .... err home actually.

Here's a link to the results page in case anyone can't find it :

http://www.vra.asn.au/results.shtml

My apologies for not starting this Wednesday night - I thought I had actually - must have forgotten to click "Submit". :x

Calibres :

Rod Mahon 6 Dasher Wed, 7 Shehane Thu
John Tracey 284 Win (we think)
Paul Janzso 300WSM up to 1st 900, then 30 Boo Boo
Kel Bell 6x47 Wed, 6.5-284 Thu (we think)
Gary Hunt 6 Dasher Wed, 7 Shehane Thu

Weather Wednesday it looked tricky early but wasn't, then it looked okay but was tricky. Thursday it looked tricky and was tricky!

Gary Hunt had a disaster at 1000, a new barrel fouling apparently.

At least 3 more are expected for the Queens : Paul Read, Bob Eager and Bill Siegloff.

Congrats to Rod Mahon on a good solid win in the Syme, and to Bob Ped who cleared out in F-Std A. And I don't know Richard Blocksidge, but he won't be in F-Std B for much longer.

I'll try to be earlier tomorrow night.

Alan

johnk

#2 Postby johnk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 am

Alan,

John Tracey only shoots 284. He may have got his Bat going at last - might be worth checking.

Dick Blocksidge shot in the Queensland FS team at Bendigo & Canberra. I suspect that his grading is only based on those two Queens.

John

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Back again, with day 1 of the Queens gone.

Results here : http://www.vra.asn.au/results/2011/queens1_f.shtml

More calibres (some unconfirmed):

Bill Siegloff : 7mm RSAUM
Paul Read : 6x47 (plus a 6.5x47?)
Ron Harrison 6x47 (?)
Bob Eager : 6 Dasher
Tony Trosky : unknown
Ron Barich : 6BR(?)

It seems it was quite tricky today, and across all classes you can see even the elite were confused a little. The wind was coming generally from behind the targets again, and flopping over from left to right from time to time.

Catch you again tomorrow night, thanks to my Wellsford correspondent...

Alan

VickiMcc

#4 Postby VickiMcc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Well Its been run and won for 2011

Congratulations to Bill Siegloff for his win in F Open
also to Adam Davies for his win in F Std A Grade
and to Stephen Sharp for his F Std B grade win

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Sorry about last night - didn't get a call.

Great effort from Bill - won all 3 daily aggs for a very convincing first Queens win. And by all accounts conditions haven't been easy. Paul (Pestbird) Janszo was looming up coming into the 1000, but it wasn't to be.

In F-Std A, Adam Davies had an unassailable lead after the 900s, and actually needed most of it - I'm guessing he struck the same patch as Pestbird. Congrats to Adam and also to Stephen Sharp in F-Std B.

This event will be a big boost for the 7mms and 30 cals as the calibres of choice in tricky conditions - I guess that was known already, as there's now very few experienced shooters attempting to go right through with 6mms.

Well, for me it was a strange experience missing the Vic Queens - there's no way I'm going to miss it next year.

Alan :D

agro

#6 Postby agro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Congratulations to Bill on the win and to the other competitors.
When I dropped into range on Saturday to catch up with a few familiar faces, the weather was starting to turn nasty and the wind conditions would have made the shooters work for their scores. I saw some good shooters get some average scores.
Alan,
The same goes for me also. I will make sure I don't miss next years event.

RDavies

C

#7 Postby RDavies » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Congratulations to Jim Bailey (TR), Adam Davies (F std) and Bill Seigloff (F Open).
By the looks of the scores, the weather didnt know whether it wants to be good or bad. People were going from hero to zero and back again in one day. Glad I wasnt there,I would have been pulling my hair out.

From an arm chair/key pad point of view, It looks like things were closest in Target Rifle, with the old dog Spencer Dunstall and Jim Bailey at the front of the pack. with Geoff snapping at their ankles, until the 1000yd shoot when tables turned yet again.

In F std, it looks like Adam Davies was just cruising, probably shot the last range from his easy chair while sipping a Pina Colada with a little umbrella and fancy straw.
In F Open it was looking like yet another shoot off for Bill until he used his matchrifle experience to edge in front of Paul Janzo at the long one.

From those who were there, any news,gossip, rumours, stories, excuses???[/quote]
Last edited by RDavies on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AlanF

Re: C

#8 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 am

RDavies wrote:...From an arm chair/key pad point of view...
:lol: :lol:
Tell me about it...

RAVEN

#9 Postby RAVEN » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:38 am

Well done and congratulations Adam Davies (F std) and Bill Seigloff (f-Open) =D> =D>
A very well contested event and I hear one had to fight tooth and nail in some tricky conditions.
Commiserations to PJ so close you sure gave your self a good chance
Cheers
RB

Paul Janzso

Vic Queens

#10 Postby Paul Janzso » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:17 pm

What a truly memorable comp, well done to the winners and also congratulations to all who competed in what was I think a very tricky competition.
Well the wind that was there was not and the wind that was not there was.
Does that explain what the conditions were like.

Also a big thankyou to Rod and Sylvia Mahon for putting me up and putting up with me once again, can I book next year please?

It was great catching up with friends and having a laugh and as usual the week went to quickly, I am looking forward to catching up at the next queens.
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Return to “Events”