100 Years of Shooting

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

100 Years of Shooting

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of shooting at the Waikerie Rifle Club for the first time at their 100 Year Anniversary shoot. For a club that doesn't normally run OPMs they did a sterling job of catering for the people who came to help them celebrate. There were about 25 people who competed and easily twice that number in actual attendance. Many past members and even a lovely couple from Vic, Wayne had been a previous member and made the trip to shoot with his old club.

They had results posted from their 75 year shoot and I think there were about 4 shooters there yesterday who had also shot at the previous one, although they were uncertain if they would make it to the next special event. :D

I heard it being said that there had only ever been a few double possibles shot at the range so just to add to that number, Phil B and Brad S added their contribution with 100.16 and 100.13 respectively.

There were 7 F Class shooters there, a first for the club, they had not ever had any F Class there before and full credit to them, they had made sure to have the correct target with the super centre. There was very little in it in F Class, two on 115, two on 114, two on 113 and one who sadly was caught by a particularly nasty patch of weather on the second range on 107. The win was decided on centres, from recollection it was only 1 different (sorry did not write down actual results).

So my congratulations to Paul B and the club members at Waikerie for putting on a really lovely day. Considering they only have about 5 members I think they should all be very proud of their efforts, let's hope they make it to 125 years.

Return to “Events”