Natives OPM and Natl Champs

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ger

Natives OPM and Natl Champs

#1 Postby ger » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:06 pm

To be considered as an experiment relating to things yet to come, scores from the Natives Rifle Club OPM today and tomorrow (9th/10th Oct) are being made available on the internet (link below) periodically while the matches are being shot. These scores are raw - no countbacks/protests/etc catered for. The idea is to provide at least a textual sort of scoreboard presentation.

It is my intention to do the same for the National Champs (individual).

http://203.56.36.5/results/snapshot.php ... &year=2010

The presentation is basic right now but depending on level of interest, a range of selectable presentations may be produced in the future. There is certainly some scope for refinement.

Geoff Roberts

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:22 pm

This looks very good Geoff, excellent effort and a definite improvement for the sport...especially for those who aren't there at the range.

I notice the first 6 A grade stay constant while the others scroll, is it possible for all to stay constant. I ask this because the scroll rate between the classes doesn't really give a lot of time to actually looks at individual results before it changes to the next class.

Lynn

ger

#3 Postby ger » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:17 pm

I knocked this routine up a few days prior to the NSW Queen's and basically just changed the colour scheme (style) to suit what we're doing here at Belmont.

I think I can stick some control buttons in the display(s) somewhere to do things such as suspend the display, select a particular discipline/grade/display (once I develop more), etc, but such experimentation will have to wait a few weeks.

I don't think one needs to be a rocket scientist to figure out where I'm headed with this. At least, where I intend heading...

Geoff.

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:57 pm

:D Not at all hard to figure and this has my vote. I hope the feedback will be helpful to get to the end product. It would be nice to see something like this implemented across the board.

Return to “Events”