West Australian Long Range Championships

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Woody_rod

West Australian Long Range Championships

#1 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:41 am

Hello, and here we go again :D :D

The WA Long Range Champs are on again. I am pretty sure this is the 11th and 12th of December 2010. This year to be held at Swanbourne.

December will be interesting, as there will most certainly be a strong sea breeze to have fun with. Although, it is the changeover that causes train wrecks, not so much the sea breeze :shock: :shock: :shock:

All F Class guys and girls should come and shoot, and if available, FO. We will be there, so post here if you can to let us know how much interest there might be. I hope to be shooting FO, my wife will be in FS.

Mark Hamersley

#2 Postby Mark Hamersley » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Rod

The MDRA program as at 22 August has them down for 18 and 19 December. Would be worth confirming though as range dates are sometimes moved based on army requirements.

I found sighting on the targets at the Queens a strain at times with the dull white spot in the centre of the target barely visible around the dot on my T36. If the size of this dot can't be increased and made a bit brighter I'm going to talk myself into a scope upgrade - well that will be my excuse anyway!

I expect to be there shooting FO regardless of numbers, see you there.

best regards

Mark

BRETT B

#3 Postby BRETT B » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Hello Mark and Rod , I will be definately shooting that if FO is available!!!!
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

Woody_rod

#4 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Bloody good guys. I hope to have my 260 going in the next few weeks.

It will be available, if we are going.

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Mark Hamersley wrote:I found sighting on the targets at the Queens a strain at times with the dull white spot in the centre of the target barely visible around the dot on my T36.

I've flagged that issue in my home state for them to consider when they research electronic targets.

My first thought is that F classers are entitled to what they get now - a target with SSR-dimensioned rings on it. Heck, as far as its use as a mirage-reading aid is concerned, I suspect that more than one TR shooter would prefer to see defined rings too & not an amorphous blob.

alocky

#6 Postby alocky » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:07 pm

johnk wrote:
Mark Hamersley wrote:I found sighting on the targets at the Queens a strain at times with the dull white spot in the centre of the target barely visible around the dot on my T36.

I've flagged that issue in my home state for them to consider when they research electronic targets.

My first thought is that F classers are entitled to what they get now - a target with SSR-dimensioned rings on it. Heck, as far as its use as a mirage-reading aid is concerned, I suspect that more than one TR shooter would prefer to see defined rings too & not an amorphous blob.

It's also hard to aim off when you've got no idea how big the rings on the target are, and as the target is the same for different ranges you need to know the radius beforehand. I should do my homework next time. Another thing I prefer about hand-marked targets is having the spotting disc on the target to fine-tune the point of aim. Having said that, I believe the electronic targets are a significant step forward.
I'll be there in December - I think I'll give the 6.5x284 a run this time.

Mark Hamersley

#7 Postby Mark Hamersley » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:59 am

The Swanbourne range is booked for 18 and 19 December for the WA Long Range Champs - 800, 900, 1000 yds. It will be shot on electronic targets probably with ICFRA scoring unless (doubtful?) Palma scoring has been programmed.

I don't think it has been settled on 10 shot v 15 shot matches yet, I'm hoping for 15 for greater consistency with previous years and time should not be a concern for this. I'm sure there will be an official communication coming soon to clarify

I'll be there in FO and hope to see many more fclass shooters there too.

best regards

Mark

actionclear

#8 Postby actionclear » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:36 pm

I have just been informed that the Long Range Championships have been cancelled.

:(

Nice one WARA.
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

actionclear

#9 Postby actionclear » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 pm

You're all going to have to come and shoot the Great Southern OPM instead. :lol:
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

Return to “Events”