NSW Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

NSW Queens

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:23 am

I hope everyone gets their fair share of the spoils. Very nice range ANZAC. Its on my schedule for next year. Results are being posted HERE.

Hmmm... could be the last hurrah for the open targets :-({|= ....

Alan

RDavies

#2 Postby RDavies » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm

OK, some reporting on the lead up from the coal face.
The wind here has been about the trickiest we have shot in. The wind was fairly strong, but there were lots of sudden and in many cases unseen direction and strength changes. The wind for the longs today was predominantly from right to left, but then swung quickly to a tail wind, or even slight rightwards wind. A lot of the top fullbore and F std shooters have copped a battering as well, so that makes us feel better.
There were only 7 in F Open in the lead up which is pretty disappointing. Come on F class shooters, if you dont get out and shoot they wont hold events for us. Jeeze, If you dont have a rifle to use, you can borrow mine.
I got some lucky breaks and pipped Andrew Larkin and Les Rosznyai for the lead up shoot, with Mel Henderson and Dennis Just behind. Tim Larkin (son of Andrew) had a good shoot and it was good to see a father/son team together. Tim hasnt been shooting for long, and was mixing it pretty well with the blokes who have been shooting for years.
Noel Lewis, had the sort of shoot he would rather forget. Broken extractors, then ammo and other rifle problems caused him to have to go home and make quick repairs to keep going, but had to retire a few times. Even had to duck off to the local gunshop for some factory ammo for his 2nd gun at one stage. Certainly not a quiter. I hope it hasnt scared him off.
In F class standard, Bob Pederson won the lead up, but he certainly didnt have it all his own way.He didnt see what all the fuss was about, it always blows like this at his home range. Dennis Smith was only one point back, looking to repeat his success from last years Queens win. John Peters won the first day, but just got pipped at the longs, to finish 1 point again behind Dennis Smith.

In fullbore, Mark Thurtell and Angus Bell had to shoot off, with Mark winning the shoot off. Even they got 3s, which shows what the conditions were.
Oh yeah, once again, come on F Open shooters, pull your finger out and come out to some of these shoots, or they wont bloody well hold them for us again.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for the report Rod, and well done in the leadup. I think you might get a few more in the Queens e.g. Geoff Miners and Rob Eager would find it pretty hard to stay away! :D

Did you get any info on calibres at all?

Alan

Matt P

#4 Postby Matt P » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Rod
Don't hold your breath waiting for those shooters, I can count 30 + that live less than 2hrs from Malibar, where are they ???? But don't worry there's always FS. :lol: :lol:
See you tomorrow.

Matt P

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Wow - what a great day for young Tim Larkin. He improved over the course of the Queensland Queens, then kept a low profile in the leadup here, and now this - 9 points clear of the field at the end of day 1! =D>

I was right about Geoff Miners and Rob Eager turning up - but Rob is suffering the cruel fate of having to shoot F-Std (just joking). But numbers could be better I guess. I'll try to enthuse a few Vics for next year.

Alan

Chopper

#6 Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:28 pm

its a shame FS, FO are not shooting on the same target , its interesting comparing scores, it sort of segregates as well, i wonder why they went that way ?, Chop.

Ben F

#7 Postby Ben F » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Congratulations to Rod & Bruce, great second day Rod. Well done to you both.

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Well it is all wrapped up now and what a great shoot it was. The weather was good all the way through, just the right temperature, no rain. Sometimes it was blowy, sometimes fishtaily, sometimes calm, a mixture of everything. As you said, Tim Larkin was quick out of the gates and at 19 years old, he is someone we will be seeing a lot more off (until he discovers bad women and hard drink like the rest of us around his age).

Geoff was worrying us as usual at the long ranges, until he started having a few mechanical problems which slowed his charge in the long ranges.
If ever the wnds got tricky, you ould bet it was Les turn to shoot, he seemed to get more than his fair share of the bad winds.

calibers that I can remember were
Me 6 Dasher and 284
Tim Larkin 243
Geoff Miners 6BR and 6.5x55
Les Rozsynyai 243AI and 260AI
Mel Henderson 243
Dennis Shallis 243
Tim White 6BR
In F std, the level of competition was extreme, with top level shooting across the board. At the top end of the field, it was very close, with no one dominating, and everyone having some good and bad ranges. In the world championships next year, there is talk of some overseas F TR shooters coming over and I think they will have a hard time competing with our top dozen F std shooters.
Once again, Bruce Kneebone won, with Rob Haleran and John Peters hot on his heels.
Maybe someone from F std can contribute with more info on the F std competition.

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for the reports Rod, and well done on winning the Queens and of course the Grand Agg.

What the heck happened to you at the last range :shock: ??????

Alan

RDavies

#10 Postby RDavies » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Same as last year :wink:

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:46 am

RDavies wrote:Same as last year :wink:

Hmmm. They shouldn't be opening the bar until after the last shot is fired.....

Just joking :lol: :lol:

Return to “Events”