Midlands DRA Prize Meeting - Western Australia

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Woody_rod

Midlands DRA Prize Meeting - Western Australia

#1 Postby Woody_rod » Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am

Just arrived back from Moora in WA, my wife and I attending the PM, shooting in FS.

Weather was great for shooting, and interesting enough to make people pay a high price if they were not watching the flags (nothing new there I suppose). Heavy mirage, which was handy in FS I thought. Lovely clear cool days, making it a nice weekend away. Was a bit cold at night, but that is the wheatbelt for you this time of year :D :D

There were 43 shooters total, but only 5 in FS: Myself (INCH / Lawton / Weaver T24 / 308), wife Linda (INCH / TSE / NF NXS / 223), Graham O (Rem / Hart / Weaver T24 / 223), Denis B (Barnard / Kreiger / NF BR / 308) and Ted B (M17 !! / Kreiger / Leupold / 308). Everyone here will know who they are. Linda ending up winning the FS event over 6 ranges: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 900 yards.

Linda has been shooting now for about 18 months proper, using an INCH rifle, and an Aussie made barrel from Total Solutions Engineering (MAB) in QLD. Although the barrel did not perform that well initially, we stuck with it, did a fair bit of testing etc and now shoots well. Linda started with 2 x 59's, with the next closest shooter managing 2 x 56's (Graham).

The meeting ran pretty well, with marking starting out a bit shaky, as some of the markers had not done this before. As always things settled down pretty fast. Prize giving was a little disappointing due to there being no badge or medallion for the F Class winner. The PM committee is a bit behind in this it is clear. Hopefully next time, they will get into the 21st century and offer the same prize for the F Class discipline. We spent the same entries, food, drinks, etc - no reason why there was no acknowledgement for the winner.

Brad Y

#2 Postby Brad Y » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Just read this one. No wonder he was grumpy when he got back. Im going to stir him up when I go round and see him tomorrow! Oatesy beaten by a girl hahaha

Return to “Events”