Moe Prize Meeting - Vic

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Moe Prize Meeting - Vic

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:08 pm

To Vic F-Open shooters,

Moe City OPM is on this Saturday - they have both F-Std and F-Open badges on Standard targets. This range has no regular F-Class shooters, but they go out of there way to include us. There's only been a handful of F-Open entries the last 2 years, and if they don't get more this time, it could be the last time they offer it :cry: . So if anyone can make the effort to come, you'll be helping to keep F-Open alive for future years.

Alan :)

John E

#2 Postby John E » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:55 am

Look forward to seeing you there Alan --- you didn't mention Rosedale -- is it still programmed for Sunday? I was planning to go straight there from Moe and camp in the back of the truck.
Regards
John E

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:33 am

John,

Yes, Rosedale on Sunday, 2x10 shots @ 1000yds, starts 10am. Its a picnic shoot with Xmas hams to grade/class winners. You're welcome to camp at the range.

See you there.

Alan :D

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:40 pm

I'd like to address this particularly to Vic F-Open shooters,

At the Moe Prize meeting on Saturday there were 3 F-Open shooters (thanks Paul and Vicki for joining me once again). The Prize money for F-Open was very generous - $20 for range wins and $100 for the days aggregate, plus 5 badges (3 used). As I said earlier, the Moe range has no regular F-Class shooters, so what a great gesture on their part =D> .

We must support these clubs who are going out of their way to support us! I will be very surprised if Moe has such a generous prize list next year. Now there's another meeting which is somewhat closer for most, the Geelong PM on February 18. Again they will be making a special effort to cater for F-Open, by giving us exclusive use of the 800m targets with championship targets.

So if you're humming and harring about going, why not leave the lawns till the following weekend and make the trip. I don't like shooting in small fields after the 21 at Canberra - what a great experience that was \:D/. We must make the effort to get decent fields at OPMs.

Alan :)

Dazza

#5 Postby Dazza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:44 am

Alan,

I was pretty keen on attending the Moe OPM as I was rostered off for the weekend. Unfortunately on my last nightshift on the previous Thursday, my employer asked me to to fly to Darwin to fix an aircraft with engine problems. We flew out first thing Saturday morning............ I really couldnt knock back the trip, the overtime and expenses will probably pay for a new stock and a couple of barrels.

Hopefully I'll be able to get time off for the Geelong event.

Regards,

Darren

Return to “Events”