1st Sanctioned S.A. DRA F Class Team Shoot.

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

1st Sanctioned S.A. DRA F Class Team Shoot.

#1 Postby Tony Q » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:47 am

Well yesterday we had our first sanctioned DRA (district rifle association) F Class teams shoot along side the TR shooters with 2 F Class teams from DRA 1 and DRA 2 competing for the new F Class Team Shield (yet to be supplied :D )

Each team comprised 5 shooters … 2 FO and 3 FS with 1 nominated as Captain. Each shooter could be coached if wanted with all opting for someone next to them as the winds, mirage and light were quite unpredictable. I found coaching also reinforced the ‘Team’ spirit.

Ranges shot were 600m and 800m on individual championship targets for each team, our targets were placed side by side in the middle of the TR shooters targets making us feel part of the shoot rather than being stuck on one end. It also generated some interest from TR shooters to come and have a look at what we were doing.

It was very uplifting shooting as a team for your club rather than being an individual shooter … it was a nice change, a lot of work, and a lot of fun.

It was a very close result. Well done to all who participated and I hope you had as good a day as I did. =D>
Last edited by Tony Q on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Yogi

#2 Postby Yogi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Congratulations Tony on getting F Class Team Shooting off the ground in SA, and a a DRA level.

Hopefully all of those shooter who participated enjoyed the new experience of F Class Team Shooting as much as you.

To my knowledge, not too many F Class shooters would have experienced being part of a team in a serious competition before, anywhere in Australia. I hope that with your success in clearing this first hurdle, others will follow your lead and create teams competions elsewhere. It will add another level of enjoyment to their shooting. Maybe then you can expand your DRA level competition and possibly move into a State level competition in the future.

Tony Q

#3 Postby Tony Q » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:28 pm

Thanks Yogi but i think congrats need to go to everyone who made it happen, before the event and on the day ..

And, for the record, i know you played a major role in this :D
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Return to “Events”