Canberra Queens - One persons waffle

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Trev Otto

Canberra Queens - One persons waffle

#1 Postby Trev Otto » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:17 pm

To the world at large,

WARNING: Reading this waffle may cause irreversable brain damage or just plain boredom.

My long distance thought processes on going to Canberra:

Not going - too far behind at work - Lynn has uni exams - Mick at school - no, not going.

Big response to forum post on F Std scoring - moves to have meeting at Canberra Queens - should go - phone club delegates for feedback - how to go - flying sounds good - go just for meeting - should take rifle and shoot - no case for rifle, too much gear, too hard. Ring Chappy, tell him going to Canberra - he doesn't believe me - have to load ammo (120) - so do I - in shed till 1-30am Weds morning - flat out at work Weds - Darren not sure of his rifle - take Lynn's 6br as backup - load another 120 rounds - now 11-45pm Weds night - load vehicle - now 12-45am - bed - alarm goes off at 3-15am - stagger out and pick up Darren. Eleven and a half hours later arrive CRC and catch up with a few people - book into motel - longest nights sleep for ten days.

Friday early start - good conditions - didn't forget anything - cards drawn first bunny on the mound - not good psycologically - 2 shots, did forget something, the brain, had not looked at wind flags. Three very average ranges, all over 90 so not a total disaster.

Day 2 - 700 & 800, 3rd and 3rd - climbed up the leader board - good - 2nd 800 copped a real hiding - slide ungraciously back down the board. F Class petition and meeting positive.

Day 3 - 500 very average - 600 great start then lost the plot - three 8's to finish - 12th for event.

Pack up - go to presentation - another eleven & half hours drive - fall into bed at 3-30am - alarm goes off at 7am - go to work - have to pay for next years trip.

On the serious side it was a sensational entry of F Class competitors, excellant marking and a great bunch of people to shoot with. Now having met you guys the scores and the names on various articles in ATR have more meaning. Keep up the momentum in your clubs and state bodies, let's make F Class work for us the shooters.

Congratulations and commiserations as required on the results.

If you shoot F Class and haven't shot a Queens or haven't competed outside your own state, come to Canberra next year and have a go. Look at the scores, we all copped it rotten at some time during the three days. Don't question your ability, come and have a go and have some "FUN". How about Canberra for an 'F' only Queens? - it's about as central as it is possible to get - sorry WA. Think about it.

Yours in the future of F Class
Trev Otto

PS from the person who sat here and typed this from his not so brilliant notes, can we get the date changed guys so I can come play too? Lynn :(

RAVEN

#2 Postby RAVEN » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Well done Trev I thought U did exceptionally well considering the circumstances and against a quality field good to see U and Chappy got home safely =D>
RB

Return to “Events”