Wurgabup RC OPM - 2 divisions of F Standard possible

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Woody_rod

Wurgabup RC OPM - 2 divisions of F Standard possible

#1 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm

The ANZAC weekend coming up is the traditional time for our PM. This year, we hope to attract enough FS people to run 2 divisions (over 20), in the hope to attract people that may otherwise not want to come due to the top competitors being a bit tough to beat. Not unlike other PM's I suppose.

Anyone in WA reading this should consider coming down to the Wurgabup range. We have the BEST FOOD at any PM. 1000 yards last range, is always an entertaining exercise :D :D

I have myself just swapped over to FS to shoot at least until June this year, to have a break from TR. FS is great fun, and certainly different to shooting in TR.

Woody_rod

#2 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Well, the Wurgabup PM is over now (thank goodness). Great time had by many, the longs proved extremely challenging for most, typical for warm clear weather at our range.

We had 71 shooters total for the 2010 PM, which was our Centenary year. This was an outstanding turnout, and a major success for the club. We had the WA state senior and under 25 teams practice today (Monday) after the ANZAC weekend.

There was a great ANZAC service attended by most shooters and guests, with the 518 AUS Cadet Unit providing the guard. Lest We Forget.

In F Class specifically, we had a great turnout, with 14 FS, and one Sunday blow-in in the form of Mark Hamersley, shooting his 6,5 x 55 Improved. I was watching Mark shoot with this rig, and still find it hard to believe how flat the trajectory was. He scared the cr4p out of many FS people, with a first range 60.5 (at 800 yards), with people breathing out in relief when they found Mark was using an open gun :) It sure makes a noise when it goes bang.

It was great to talk to Mark (when I wasn't doing something else), about our ideas for the 2010 FO in the Queens, the calibers we intend to use and all that. Being the stand-in RO at the time, I (of course) squadded Mark on my target. Jobs sometimes have their rewards....

The light winds we get are very tough to read, providing a lottery for most, with some going from 3 oclock 2's, to centers, then onto 1's at 9 oclock at 1000 yards. Very sobering indeed!! I saw at least 20 misses indicated at 1000 yards.

Rod Rees won the FS event, with Gerry Austgen winning the TR. Both are nice blokes, and worthy winners. Gerry with an outstanding 50.10 at 600 yards from memory. We now chair both winners, having no bias to TR or F Class. This is the fair nature of our club, and its current members and committee.

Return to “Events”