F open at Malaba 14th Feb, and Hornsby 21st Feb

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

F open at Malaba 14th Feb, and Hornsby 21st Feb

#1 Postby RDavies » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Just a reminder to shooters in the Sydney, central NSW area that there will be F open at the Rail and Tram OPM at Malaba on 14th Feb and at the Hornsby OPM on 21st Feb. If we dont start getting some better turn outs, they wont bother hosting too many more for us. If you have a spare rifle, how about lending it to another new shooter to have a go.

Gadget

#2 Postby Gadget » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Rod,
I will start by saying I know you don't make the rules.

There may be an issue with (new shooters) we are not members of the NRA or whatever it is you need to be a member of to shoot at OPM"s.

If you recall I wanted to shoot at Gosford last year, not alowed.

You rang Les Rozsnya and we can round up 3 maybe 4 shooters that would come up for the event, but we are not members.

Is there a way for temp membership on the day ?
How can a new guy play ?

I personaly will not pay the fee to shoot 3 times a year maybe !
OK that will open a can of worms, I travel 5 to 7 months a year so I have droped all non esential memberships.

If you can find a way around this I will be there.

Sorry to have to bring this up again, but I dont think membership to participate will ever allow for new shooters and perhaps growth in these events.

This is my pesonal opinion only, and I am not looking to stir a pot or cause trouble, it's just the second time I can't go and shoot with my mate's.

Graham

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Gadget. I asked about this for the Gosford shoot and I believe that insurance reasons is why people cant shoot at OPMs unless they were members. I,m sure the people running these events would like to welcome new shooters to give it a go, but their hand are tied. I know that at some clubs, non members are allowed to come an shoot under a certain form. maybe while you are travelling, you might be able to get a few shots in around the county while on the run. Its what I did for a year.

For what its worth, I have a friend who would have come to shoot but he wont have his membership back in time. He might have it ready for Hornsby on 21st though. He will be borrowing my rifle for a shot then.

Aubrey

#4 Postby Aubrey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 am

RDavies wrote:Gadget. I asked about this for the Gosford shoot and I believe that insurance reasons is why people cant shoot at OPMs unless they were members. I,m sure the people running these events would like to welcome new shooters to give it a go, but their hand are tied. I know that at some clubs, non members are allowed to come an shoot under a certain form. maybe while you are travelling, you might be able to get a few shots in around the county while on the run. Its what I did for a year.

For what its worth, I have a friend who would have come to shoot but he wont have his membership back in time. He might have it ready for Hornsby on 21st though. He will be borrowing my rifle for a shot then.

There is a temporary member facility, it's been used at Queens etc and covers all this insurance baloney - ask Barb Bell at NSWRA.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

Gadget

#5 Postby Gadget » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 pm

A great result from Rail n Tram.
Now this is how to get new shooters to come and see the format, participate, then decide if we want to do it again.

See you all there.
Graham

Reply fron RnT
Graham
I think you are suppose to be affilated to the NSWRAI, but if you aren't and hold a current shooter's license marked category "B" Target shooting and have your membership or a letter stating you are a member of Nowra Rifle Club then we will allow you to shoot. This way you might decide to join NSWRAI and participate in some more OPM if you enjoy ours.

Note for F Open there is a reduced entry as we only have One badge and Prize for the aggregate and NO PRIZE MONEY due to reduced entry.
Look forward to receiving your email or seeing you on the day.

Regards

Stephen Hart
Secretary
R & T I R C Inc.

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Good to hear. I have done a bit of a ring around and numbers in F open might not be too bad.
See you there.

Return to “Events”