F CLASS STATE TEAMS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#1 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Early days i know but what are youre thoughts on maybe 8 or 10 man state teams ? , the time will come soon and i guess now is a good time to see your thoughts , i know it will be hard for some to get a jacket in Victorian State Team , Chop.

ratshot

#2 Postby ratshot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:22 pm

As in one 8 to 10 team or 2 teams of 4 to 5 per state....

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 pm

I think at this stage it would be easier for the states who are spoilt for choice on team members to simply have an A and a B team rather than have larger teams that most states may not be able to field.

Of course if you wish to eliminate the opposition just have a team structure that no one else can put together. :wink:

Chopper

#4 Postby Chopper » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Good point, Ratbag, i mean Ratshot, well what do you think about 2 x 5 man teams ?, i just thought it would be easier to field an eight man teams, all states had no problems last year with the 5 man teams .

VickiMcc

#5 Postby VickiMcc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Guys , Shouldnt that be an 8 person team.
Dont we have to be polliticly correct these days

LOL

Chopper

#6 Postby Chopper » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Some define the word Person as an Individual, and there is no room in team shooting for an Individual, so you will have to come up with another one :lol:

Lynn Otto

#7 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Umm I think I did with the term "team members". :roll:

johnk

#8 Postby johnk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 am

I don't understand. Why would we want to limit teams to F Standard only?

Chopper

#9 Postby Chopper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 am

I guess because it is Fclass standard teams, Chop.

johnk

#10 Postby johnk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 am

OK, I understand now, but nowhere did was that mentioned until now.

...... in which case, I disagree.

While it's likely correct that several states could field larger or more teams, team shooting should be about putting up each geographic area's best shooters to compete against the best from elsewhere. It shouldn't be about giving everybody warm & fuzzies by being included. That's just dumbing down competition, just like they've buggered up kids' sports by giving every team member a club truphy at the end of the year. Wouldn't you love to get the seconf best attendance trophy, or whatever they call it? Alternatively, prematurely increasing numbers one way or the other could allow the favoured states to "buy" a win by virtue of superior numbers.

With years of experience & tuning, TR is now struggling occasionally in the smaller states to get a competitive team launched at a senior level, even more so at vet level (eh, Bob), lady & junior. While we're likely to be better off this year, Queensland fielded every shooter who put their hand up at Bendigo last, but only after a lot of hard talking & two tries - and I would generally expect that we would have the shooter base to do the job easily.

I have every expectation that there will be strong Standard teams fielded from every state at Canberra, but that could fold like a pack of cards if the mix were to change in future. Reserves aren't selected to give the shooters who miss out a crumb or two; they're there because we expect that on occasion, there will be attrition in team ranks.

If a state or two has a surplus of top level aspirants, why not go to NRAA & ask them to arrange a President's team like they did for the Under 25s in 2009?

Chopper

#11 Postby Chopper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Got your point John , maybe a bit early to increase the numbers ,and yes the competition will be hot at Canberra this year , so might be a good idea at this stage to leave it as a 5 MAN , WOMAN team , no harm in talking tho, Chop.

Woody_rod

#12 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Or, like most times, just select the team that can afford the time and money to go. It is unlikely that every team is the best a state can field - an unfortunate thing.

Return to “Events”