ACT F-Open Diary

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#31 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:17 pm

Hello again,

Well the ACT Queens has been run and won, its Monday night and I guess most of us are back to our everyday lives.

The last day was pleasant weather for being outside, but quite tricky for shooting, even at at 5 and 600m, with winds generally from behind, and varying quickly in speed and direction. After the 500 we had the dramatic situation of a tie for the lead (Matt and Darren), with Kelvin in 3rd but with an unlikely 9 points to make up. Congratulations to Matt on another great performance to win, and Darren for pushing him right to the wire. =D> Kelvin just edged out Alan Peake for 3rd, and Dave Groves took the last of the badges (number of badges increased to 5 because of the high number of shooters).Results.

I can't think of anyone who didn't have at least one good range e.g. even though he found the wind pretty tough to figure at the longs, new shooter Matt Dwyer had 97 at 300m. As the meeting progressed, some good friendships were made (and old ones strenghtened) :-({|= , and with 21 shooters, you have to be very optimistic about the future of F-Open, not only at this Queens, but elsewhere as well.

And we need to thank the shooters who made the effort to get there from afar, particularly Laurie Ingram from UK/France :shock: , Trev Otto and Darren Chapman from SA, and Kelvin Bell from Qld (hope I didn't miss any?). Its understandable that most people can only afford an occasional distant Queens, and when they do it, it should be appreciated =D> .

I'll add a photo when it comes from "Tiger" Groves.

Alan :D

AlanF

Photo

#32 Postby AlanF » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:07 pm

Still don't have a group photo, (from Dave Groves). Does anyone else have one?

Meanwhile, Bob Eager sent the pic below. Can anyone come up with a fitting caption?

How about :

"....and so anyone who looks like they're gonna score a possible, guess what I'm gonna do with this stick..."

Alan
Last edited by AlanF on Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#33 Postby Tony Q » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:06 pm

Young Jedi's ... the (night)force can be with you!

Ok .. so thats 4 Beers, 2 Hotdogs and a Pepsi.

And baby bear said ‘some ones been sleeping in my bed’….

Now remember .. when someone asks 'whats that your shootin' its best to say 'F Open' and not simply 'F...O..'
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bobeager

The Story behind the Pic

#34 Postby bobeager » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:40 pm

Actually, Wayne Pattinson was relating this story about some guys unteathered "pig dog", that upon hearing the first shot go off at a match, bounded from behind, over a startled shooter on the mound, and on wards 30 metres down range....props, and ....thinks .....

"where's the Pig!!!!"

AlanF

#35 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:17 pm

Still no photos from Dave Groves, so I managed to get one taken with a much smaller camera. Here it is - the largest field of F-Open shooters assembled in Australia - lets hope its a sign of things to come \:D/ !
Rear : Barry Duncan, Wayne Pattison, Matt Paroz, Steve Southwell, Matt Dwyer, Alan Peake, Richard Wild, Anthony Pedersen, Mick Parslow, Dave Groves, Bob Eager.
Front : Kelvin Bell, Chris Burdett, Geoff Miners, Nick Eichhorn, Trev Otto, Alan Fraser, Darren Chapman, Ken Melgaard, Steve Hurren, Laurie Ingram.

Return to “Events”