Tassie Queens 2010 - F Class Open and F Standard

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: Results

#16 Postby AlanF » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:02 pm

ger wrote:I have put the MR results on the NRAA website in a quick and basic format.

Geoff.

Many thanks Geoff. This is shaping up as the most timely Queens yet for online results.

Alan

ger

Re: Results

#17 Postby ger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:07 pm

AlanF wrote:Many thanks Geoff. This is shaping up as the most timely Queens yet for online results.

Alan

The "timely" part got blown away today when my Telstra wireless dongle crapped. I had to go into Launceston to find another one. TASRA Queen's results (Day 1) will be up shortly.

Geoff.

Cameron Mc

#18 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Congrats to Bob Pedersen. Winner of Leadup and Queens in FS, hence Agg.

Congrats to Rod Mahon in FO.

Note, Bob would have won FO. It proves the importance wind reading skills!!

Congrats to J Corbett for another Queens win !!!

Results: http://www.nraa.com.au/results/data/tas ... sults.html

Cameron

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Congratulations to all the winners, and some other very good performances in the placings as well. Yes Bob is shooting extremely well. Not only is he raising the bar in F-Std, but causing us F-Open shooters to do some navel gazing :shock: . The way Bob is performing shows that with our superior BC projectiles and other equipment advantages that we could be getting much better scores than we are now. I agree with Cameron that wind-reading is where most of the work needs to be done, but I've often watched the other targets at Queens and thought that the long-range elevation of the 308s in particular, is on the whole very good, and we could improve on ours. I think Bob is actually doing us all a favour, and I hope we can rise to the challenge.

Alan

PS. A great effort by Geoff Roberts to get the results online so promptly.

RAVEN

#20 Postby RAVEN » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Congratulation
To James C
Bob P
Rod M
Nice shooting Bob =D> =D> =D>
well done to Wayne Mc also
that 7mm must be near the mark wayne :?:
Hope ya not sharing a lift back with bill Im sure he will have some words of advice where you went wrong :P :P :-({|=

I think the common target will have a positive effect on our sport
Cheers
RB

RDavies

#21 Postby RDavies » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:23 am

Back from the field now. The Tas Queens was a good meeting. The weather was good, perfect for the 1st four days, with a few quick showers interupting a few shooters on the 5th day. As soon as shooting finished on the last day, the sun came out again, but lovely 27-29 degree days were the norm. There were no 26 minute winds this year, just 7 minutes or so at 1000, but switching and dropping off. I had a few ranges were there was no wind, flags dead still, though my score did improve at all. The usual conditions were 5-10 mph winds switching directions regularly, with drop offs thrown in as well. All good fun.
Shooters wise, the Mahon Machine was in pefect working order, gear working well, and shooting extremely well the whole way though. (Except the last 900 where we got a quick glimpse that he is actualy human). Wayne Macfarlane did well with a few range wins (and the highest X count) as well and it was all very close up until the last day.
In F std, of course it was Bob Pederson all the way. Years spent shooting in difficult conditions in Tasmania showed its rewards.
In full bore, once again, it was James Corbett, but Gillian Web Enslin was up there the whole way, with an equal score to James, but a lower V bull count. It was very nearly a female winning the Queens which I dont think has happened for a while.

It seems the change to shooting in March was a good idea, with reasonable winds, perfect temperatures, no dust. Overall a good fun meet. I think when the word gets out, a few more shooters will have a go next year.

bobped

#22 Postby bobped » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:44 am

I'm back as well.
Somebody suggested I should be demoted to F Open! (Alan, how do I do a tongue in cheek emoticon?)
The great thing was that we had 6 F Open shooters, and 21 F Class in total. That was 29% of the entry! Sign of the times?

I'd also like to pay tribute to Geoff Roberts (ger). He came down totally at his own expense to help run the admin side of our Queens Meeting. He is trialling and developing a system to run a Queens (and World Championship).
He got the system down pat to the extent that the results for an individual range were up on the Web less than 10 minutes after the last score was entered. He was also able to bring a large TV type screen down to the firing line and show the progressive results for a range as they were being entered in the office. Even more whizz bang stuff is being planned.

By the way, have a look at this Web Page. Geoff is beginning to get the priorities right as far as order of importance!
http://www.nraa.com.au/results/data/tas ... d2agg.html

Alan, I see you mentioned the possible advantage the .308 may have at the longer ranges. If I were shooting F Open, would be seriously looking at the .308 with a 1 in 10 twist barrel shooting 175-185 grain projectiles at the longer ranges. Have a look at what the Match Rifle Blokes are doing. They don't need hot loads and regard 1000 yds as "short range"

As advertised, everyone shot on the same target and were all squadded together. ICFRA Targets were use with Super V's marked as ordinary Centre for TR Shooters and as 6.1's for F Standard and F Open. As Rod Davies said the wind was up and down a bit but not horrible.

After a couple of ranges, someone commented that the new ICFRA Bulls were still not small enough. There were 20 or so possibles being posted in TR regularly at various ranges. ICFRA targets are not the huge disaster that some people have been predicting.
Rod Mahon commented that shooting 60's is a different ball game to trying to hit a 10. That's true when the wind is up and down a bit, and you're happy to get a 60 any way you can. I'd venture to say that in the calmer conditions of the Mainland, 60's will be relatively easy for F Open and the Super V will become really important.
Anyway, most of the F Open people there seemed to like it, or if they didn't, they were kind enough not to say so.
The Grading system for F Standard seems to be working, as there were more F Standard B shooters than A Grade

Cheers and thanks to those F Class people who came to our meeting. It seems as if the shift to the March date was a success and our organisers are certainly happy. I hope the shooters were too.

Bob Pedersen

Return to “Events”