ACT Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ACT Queens

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:15 pm

Its just over a month away. I'm booked in and paid up, and looking forward to matching up a few names to faces. I notice that Alan Peake won the F-Open last year and he's been in winning form again in SA. Will be great if we get a good turnout \:D/. So who's still coming, and who else can we expect :?:

Alan :)

#2 Postby Guest » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:55 pm

I'll be there I hope we get a good roll up.The prizes last year were the best I have ever seen for F Class so lets support them as they have done the right thing by us.

Matt P :D

Jagumba

#3 Postby Jagumba » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:58 am

I have had rec leave approved for the week so count me in as well.

Cheers
Matt

Chopper

#4 Postby Chopper » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:37 am

chopper will be there

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:41 pm

Looks like we just about "have us a convoy" \:D/ !

Chopper,

Your idea about starting new shooters with a scoped rifle prompted me to get one organised for our range. On Saturday it got its first use by a young shooter whose been struggling with sling and peep sight. The look on his face at the end of the day was priceless. Thanks for the tip. See you at Canberra.

Tiger

ACT Queens

#6 Postby Tiger » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:11 pm

I'm currently setting up a velcro on Center for 300M, with about 15 or 20 replaceable targets for the queens, hopefully it will all get done and work out alright. Should make things better with a fresh target more often, and reduce the time if somebody hits the spotter and trashes a target, necessitating a change.

Cheers

Dave G :wink:

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:45 am

Good thinking Dave - especially important at 300. In fact if you can afford it, I think everyone should have a new centre at 300, to reduce the likelihood of patches interfering with gauging.

Lynn Otto

#8 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi Dave G

In SA we have been using velcro centres for several years now, they work well. We also use them at the medium to long distances at the Queens, changing them every few competitors (varies depending on distance) to avoid loosing a clear line on the rings that may compromise a shooters score.

:idea: At 300m/yd we use the red stick on dots instead of the stick based markers. They are easy to see at this distance (haven't come across anyone who has a problem with them yet), can be reused several times before a new one is required, (leave an edge up to make getting off easy) and totally removes the danger of shooting a stick through the target. We have been doing this for a few years now as well, it saves targets, time and frustration for the shooters and markers.

Lynn

bruce moulds

#9 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:07 pm

in sa lynns club uses stickon dots, but other clubs have found that they slow things down to an unacceptable level, & often they are unable to be seen by some people.
bruce

Tiger

Target Faces for ACT Queens and Queens Entries

#10 Postby Tiger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:26 pm

We are looking at doing the velcro on centres for the longer ranges as well, but we will see what time we have left.

As a matter of interest, so far the entries are in the fifties, with 7 of those being F-Open! You Beauty!!

Cheers

Dave. :wink:

Chris Burdett

#11 Postby Chris Burdett » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:32 pm

Make that 8
Chris B.

Barry Duncan

ACT QUEENS

#12 Postby Barry Duncan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:32 pm

Allan Mate.
When you said you had a convoy did that mean you had Wild Bill coming with you .I havn`t seen much of him being on the line & was wondering what he was shooting nowadays.See you in Canberra.
Regards Barry

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Barry,

I guess I meant a convoy from all directions (hmm.... not really the right word was it).

I saw Bill at Bendigo about 3 weeks ago - he didn't say anything about Canberra - he has a young family and doesn't seem to travel much to shoot. If you want to catch up with him you know what you'll have to do - come to the Vic Queens again in March! \:D/

Someone who said he would be at Canberra was Ken Melgaard. And with some of the other names I've heard might be coming, its should be a very strong field.

See you in 2 weeks.

Alan

Barry Duncan

ACT QUEENS

#14 Postby Barry Duncan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:14 pm

Allan
Allready booked in For Bendigo but for some reason all I thtnk about lately is ACT.I hope the SOUTH COAST boys will be there as well as we will have to work out someway of geting everyone together to sort out some of the main problems we seem to have as well as who can shoot best on the day.
Keep safe on the drive up.
Regards barry

Return to “Events”