SA Queens Results

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

SA Queens Results

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi everyone

Thought I'd put up some results from the 1st day of the Queens lead up event, the Ampol Hunt. Standard and Open both used Championship targets with competitors from both classes mixed together, it was very enjoyable to have everyone shooting together on a couple of adjacent targets.

Ranges: 3, 4 & 500 mtrs

Open:
Darren Chapman 287
Ben Davies 285
Richard Braund 284

Standard:
Lynn Otto 276
Glen Hutchins 274
Noel Osborn 265

Lynn

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:43 am

Well Done guys .. see you all tomorrow. =D>
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:35 pm

Hi everyone

Today I re-inforced to myself the knowledge that it doesn't pay to fall in a very large hole at 800m when you only have a four point lead, oh well.

The full results are now available on the SARA site after a minor glitch in the uploading last night that saw only the aggregates available.

http://www.riflesa.asn.au/Results.htm

Lynn

RAVEN

#4 Postby RAVEN » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:03 pm

Yep know what U mean there Lotto :oops: :cry:
Congrats to Ben and Glen hutchy for hanging in there !!
=D> =D>

AlanF

Positions After Day 2

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:38 pm

Open :

1 Ben Davies 566
2 Alan Peake 556
3 Trev Otto 554

Standard :

1 Lynn Otto 538
2 J Freebairn 533
3 S Campanella 529

2 x 800m tomorrow - light to moderate southerlies - that should keep everybody concentrating! Good luck to all.

Lynn Otto

#6 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:43 pm

Final Queens Aggregates:

Open:

Alan Peake 735
Ben Davies 731
Kelvin Bell 725

Standard:

Jim Freebairn 697
Lynn Otto 696
Simon Campanella 692

I would like to extend my congratulations to Alan and Jim for their wins =D>

The conditions today were very unkind to all concerned with such heavy mirage that the nine ring was just the faintest of blurs in the white and the direction was changing constantly from left to right and the occasional heavy boil that moved the ten about the distance of the eight ring. At the second 800m range the highest Std result was 81 and the highest Open result was 90 and I think they both did well to achieve that as most did not fair so well.

For me, it will have to be try again next year. While the seasoned shooters tell me that winning the Grand Aggregate for the two events is worth being proud of (and I am) it's not quite the same as that No 1 badge.

So, well done and congratulations to all the competitors, thankyou for the good company over the five days and I hope to see you all again next year.

Lynn

RAVEN

#7 Postby RAVEN » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 pm

I would like to extend my congratulations to the winners also a very close competition and well fort out daily battles sure was exiting.=D> And those wind conditions farout !! :? :? :?
Cant wait till next year
Ya better bring a slab of coke Mick OTTO :lol:
Cheers
RICHARD

Tony Q

#8 Postby Tony Q » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:12 am

Well done to all the winners and in such harsh and strange conditions.
You all deserve everything you won and then some.

Well done Lynn for starting 800m with rifle problems and having lots of trouble with extraction, when sorted out there was only 3 mins to go and not 1 counting shot fired .. she finished all 10 in 3 mins for an 81. =D>

Well done Simon C for his first Queens and having only taken up F Class this year went on to get 9 medals and a 3rd place Queens badge.=D>

As for me i replaced the batteries in my head last night and now everything seems to be working ok .. left is left again and i can even remember why we watch the flags. #-o

Good luck to Bruce M who afer a good first day developed and ulcer in his shootin eye .. :cry: and had to retire the following morning.

All up we had a lot of fun with some very funny situations and im allready looking forward to next year.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Lynn Otto

#9 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi Tony

Thanks, :) I must say though, that putting that many shots down the range in that time-frame, in those conditions was only possible with the absolutely excellant marking of a young lady by the name of Sonja. When I sought her out later to thank her all she could say was "it was great, I was getting so bored with everyone taking so long to fire their shots". So, publicly, "Thankyou Sonja", I think we would all agree the standard of marking was very good.

Lynn

Simon C

#10 Postby Simon C » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:20 pm

Well done to both Jim & Lynn on taking 1st and 2nd in Std =D>

I agree with Tony Lynn in saying that your final range was a good effort after having Mick's bolt in your rifle. This game appears 85% mental and something like that can throw your whole focus - particulary after a couple sighters in what i describe as possibly the worst sight picture to grace my retina.

Thanks TQ for your kind words, encouragement & coaching over the past year or so!!! MBRC is a great club full of great people which makes this sport alot of fun. BTW, I'm gonna take up Dan's shrine suggestion (but in the spare room....Rach didnt seem to mind) That badge is gonna get framed and sit pride of place in my study along with the aggregate medals

Congrats to the Open winners as well. It was great to meet all the other shooters and watch them do their thing.....hope to see u all round the traps again. It was a shame Bruce had a buggered eye, I missed his antics on the mound. Hope it sorts itself out soon mate

Cheers,

SHIFTY
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Return to “Events”