WA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

WA Queens

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:01 pm

We seem to have overlooked the WA Queens. Results are at http://www.wara.asn.au/queens/2005/fclass.html.

Congratulations to Bill Hallam in the leadup (Duke of Edinburgh) and Anthony Hall, who pipped Bill in the Queens (no mean feat). =D>

What happened to you this year Mark? (Hammersley). After almost winning last year, your scores seem to be down a bit?

Alan

Mark Hamersley

#2 Postby Mark Hamersley » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:58 am

Hi Alan (& others)

The WA Queens was a very good one this year. Weather was kind as far as fine weather but the winds were tricky. Light to moderate easterly in the mornings switching westerly later, strength and direction changes too. I didn't shoot the lead up but I heard it was tough - some A grade TR shooters scoring 2's. One had to really concentrate.

We had 12 shooters for the Queens and a very competitive field - numbers were up on last year overall and we had service rifle shooters this year too. Only 2 shooting F std (Geoff Owen .308 & Jo Clarke .223) so not enough for a separate comp. Brett Bunyan and Anthony Hall returned this year and proved they hadn't lost their touch. Jeff Collins had been giving Bill Hallam a tough time in lead up shoots and did very well for his first Queens. I think Jo Clarke has been shooting f-class for about a month - someone ran over her rifle box (bent the foresight) at a country shoot and Bill Hallam lent her an f-class rifle to shoot the remainder of the comp - now an f-class convert.

As for my own scores, it was the nut behind the bolt. A good part due to lack of practice and preparation. Not to worry, I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot and the company. I mentioned this site to a number of people and some of us are formulating plans to head east for a shoot next year.

Mark Hamersley

Return to “Events”