Tassie Queens Now has F Open Class

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bobped

Tassie Queens Now has F Open Class

#1 Postby bobped » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi All,
The Tas Rifle Assn. is offering F Open as a Class in our forthcoming Queens at Campbelltown running from 22nd to 26th January 2009.
We have decided to trial F Open being shot on Standard Targets, squadded in with all other shooters. When an F Open shooter is beginning to shoot, the Range Officer will inform the Butts, and a "Super V" white spot will be placed on that target.
Scoring will be a 7 for a "Super V", a 6 for a normal V and so on. A possible score will be 70 for a 10 shot shoot. When the Open Shooter has finished, the white spot will be removed, or covered with a black one. F Standard will be shot as normal, with no Super V on the target.

I know some may quibble with the scoring system, but we hope you'll come and try it anyway. There are no F Open Shooters in Tassie, so we'll be relying on Interstate Entrants to make it a goer.

To look at the TAS. RIFLE ASSN. Web Site, click on the address below. The Entry Form can be downloaded, and also contains details of Accommodation in and around Campbelltown.

http://www.tasrifle.org.au

If you are contemplating coming, bring whatever rifle bucks the wind best, because if its like the last three months at Campbelltown, you'll need it. If you can hit the peg at 300 yds. then it'll be a fluke, not by design.

Hope at least 2-3 come so we can see how it all works.

Cheers
Bob Pedersen

bruce moulds

#2 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:36 pm

hi bob,
it's great that you are trying the super v. it's a big step forward.
the only area where further thought might be beneficial is, as you say,
in scoring the super v as 7 instead of v.
s. a. has been doing the v, 5, 4, thing experimentally now quite successfully now for some time.
reasons for success include greater inclusion by fullbore, developing a trend toward the international discipline, windreaders are given a better chance against shot chasers, and many others.
ian pavy put an attachmet in one of the forums which is a paper on this subject well worth reading.
please don't take this as an attempt to be negative.
bruce.

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:17 pm

It sounds like a good way of scoring for limited numbers of F open shooters without having to put on a separate target. I would rather shoot on the usual F open 10 ring target, but with the limited numbers turning up for some shoots, many clubs cant justify running an extra target.
I hope you can get more than 2-3 to turn up for the shoot. I was going to go until a new job put it on hold. Good luck with the event.

Return to “Events”