Australian Masters Games

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Peter Hulett

Australian Masters Games

#1 Postby Peter Hulett » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Australian Masters Games and Victorian Veteran’s Prize Meeting
21st -23rd February 2009 at Geelong
Three days of shooting on electronic targets

Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd February are the Master’s Games for Target Rifle, F-Standard and F-Open on championship targets with 10 shots at 300, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900 metres.

Monday 23rd February is the Victorian Veterans Prize Meeting with 10 shots at 300, 500, 600 metres.

Advance entries are required for the Australian Masters Games and entries close 5th December. It will be possible to enter after that date and indeed up to and including Saturday 21st but late entries may incur a late fee.

Geelong Rifle Club will provide full catering facilities for the three days.

Details are at
www.australasianmasters.com
Geelong Rifle Club contact
Peter Hulett (03)52443553
hulett@ncable.net.au

Some accommodation will be available on the range and remember that the first two stages of the Geelong Ring Road will be open by then so the range will be easily accessible from anywhere in Geelong.

Peter Hulett

#2 Postby Peter Hulett » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 pm

The closing date for entering the Master's Games at Geelong has been extended!

Shooters can now enter the full-bore section until Wednesday 24th December without incurring any late entry fees.

Entry is possible up until Saturday 14th February but it will probably cost you extra.

You do need to attend the accreditation centre at Kardinia Park before you can shoot but this centre is open throughout January and it opens at 7am on Saturday 21st February (the first day of the shoot).

Don't forget the Victorian Veteran's Prize Meeting on Monday 23rd February. You get three days of shooting.

For more information see

http://www.australasianmasters.com/

or contact me

Peter Hulett

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Peter Hulett wrote:The closing date for entering the Master's Games at Geelong has been extended! Shooters can now enter the full-bore section until Wednesday 24th December without incurring any late entry fees...

That's a relief - I didn't read the earlier post properly. At the risk of being accused of bias, I want to put in a plug for this event. Its a pity about the clash with Corryong - would have liked to get there myself (hopefully next year), but this is a one-off event which was planned a long time ago so I hope we can return the efforts put in by Geelong RC by turning up in good numbers. And yes we'll spare an occasional thought for Corryong as we lounge about in air-conditioned comfort at the hottest time of the year 8).

Alan :D

ned kelly

#4 Postby ned kelly » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:56 am

G'Day All,
I'm in :D
Cheerio Ned

Peter Hulett

#5 Postby Peter Hulett » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:29 pm

We have managed to convince the Master's Games people that shooting is a bit different to team sports and so our closing date is now

FEBRUARY 14TH

Cheers

Peter Hulett

Peter Hulett

#6 Postby Peter Hulett » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm

The 12th Australian Masters Games have been run and won. It was an interesting time at the Anakie East range and there were many who were cursing our wind. However a good time was had by all and in the spirit of the Master's Games it was not who won that was important but who participated.

Another major event successfully completed in Australia using electronic targets.

Results can be found here

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... 798&pID=15

Cheers
Peter Hulett

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Yes that Anakie wind can be very perplexing Peter. Even though some say it can be unreadable, I'm not so sure. I watched Barry Wright shooting at 900 he certainly knew which flags to watch.

Pete van Meurs mentioned his scoring idea to me and it sounds good. For the benefit of other readers of this post, at Anakie F-Open used Open targets, so we couldn't be squadded with the others. However Pete has suggested we all shoot on the standard target, and F-Open uses the more precise decimal scores provided by the electronic target system (e.g. it doesn't just give you a 5 for a bulls-eye, but anything from a 5.0 out to a 5.9, based on distance from the middle). I can't think of anything against this idea, in fact it would give a better comparison of accuracy than any official target.

Alan

Mark Hamersley

#8 Postby Mark Hamersley » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Sounds like a good plan for scoring. At Swanbourne everyone shoots on the same standard target as well, I just change the target I see on the monitor to the appropriate F Open target and the system marks and scores out of 100. Not as nice an aiming mark as the open target, but just a few keystrokes to swap from Open to TR/Standard and we all shoot together. If two people score 100, the decimals can be used to decide the winner if people want to avoid shoot-offs. Very similar to Peter's suggestion..

best regards

Mark

Sam Walker

#9 Postby Sam Walker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 am

Is F Class always featured in the masters games ? I had a look at the site not long before the games and got the impression only Fullbore, Smallbore and Air Rifle were to be shot.
I wouldn't have made it there this year but would be looking at next year if F Class was on the list
Sam

Peter Hulett

#10 Postby Peter Hulett » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello Sam,
This was the first time that F-Class and F-Open had been included in the Masters Program. This was Geelong Rifle Club's choice and they were included in the program from the beginning

Both of these disciplines are part of full-bore rifle and so were included on that website for the master's games. The third discipline on that website was target rifle (which I think you call full-bore)

Next Master's Games are in Adelaide and what they do is up to them.

Peter Hulett

Return to “Events”