SARA Queens and Hunt results

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

SARA Queens and Hunt results

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:46 pm

For any who may be interested I thought I'd post a link to the SARA results page for the Queens which is currently in the 2nd day of the The Hunt leadup event.

http://www.riflesa.asn.au/queens.htm

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks Lynn. If you hear any items of interest which the scores don't tell us, please let us know.

Alan

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, lets see now, I can tell you that they are probbaly being rained on at the moment, it has been raining steadily here for most of the day so we are likely to have some damp and not very happy campers tonight, lol.

Seriously though, I know there are a few more Open people shooting just the Queens, so there will be a couple more there. But I don't know about Std and I am a little dissapointed that having grading hasn't done anything to encourage more local shooters to participate. I hope there may be a few more tomorrow, perhaps they knew it would rain. :wink:

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:37 am

Congrats to Richard Braund. Using a 7mm? What happened to Pestbird on the first day? And Bruce usually hits his straps at the longs, particularly with the 7mm he was expecting to use? We need some gossip :shock: !

BTW whoever did the F-Std handicapping got it right - all A-Graders finished a head of all B-Graders. And where did this chap Talbot spring from? This seems to be his first Queens, but he's not letting that worry him :D !

Alan

Lynn Otto

#5 Postby Lynn Otto » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:07 am

AlanF wrote:BTW whoever did the F-Std handicapping got it right - all A-Graders finished a head of all B-Graders. Alan

That's not quite correct Alan but let's not go there.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Internet results are not yet posted. Anyone know what happened in F-Classes today?

Alan

Lynn Otto

#7 Postby Lynn Otto » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 pm

I was there but.....What is this thing called short term memory, I don't remember, someone stole it from me, lol

Sorry Alan but I don't recall much but I can tell you that Trev won 600 and 700 and the Agg and that on the whole the scores were very ordinary (read not nice conditions).

Ah he's gone to get his book for me.

500 Glen Hutchins 96
Alan Peake 94
Bruce Moulds 94
Trev Otto 94

600 Trev Otto 96
Stuart Braund 94
Paul Janzso 94

700 Trev Otto 91
Stuart Braund 90
Alan Peake 90

Daily Agg Trev Otto 281
Stuart Braund 276
Paul Janzso 275

Sorry don't have any Std results

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks Lynn. And congrats to Trev.

Looks like Stuey Braund has been the consistent one throughout the 4 days so far.

Alan

Lynn Otto

#9 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Ok firstly some info on equipment:
Paul Janzso 30/284
Stuart Braund 6x47 (shorts) 284 (longs)
Trev Otto 6 BR
Glen Hutchins 6BR (shorts Saturday) 284 (rest of event)
Richard Braund 284
Bruce Moulds 284
Alan Peake 6.5 Archer

Now some unofficial results
Because of the conditions they shot 300 and 400 today instead of 2x800
300 m
Glen H 96 1)
Bruce M 92 2)
Alan P 91 3)
rest not in order
Richard B 91
Trev O 91
Paul J 91
Stuart B 91

400 m

Stuart B 95 1)
Trev O 94 2)
Glen H 94 3)
rest not in order
Paul J 90
Bruce M 93
Alan P 91
Richard B 94

Queens Agg (unofficial)
Stuart Braund 746
Trevor Otto 735
Paul Janzso 732

AlanF

#10 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:30 pm

There there - was the big nasty wind too strong :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincere congratulations to Stuey, and to runners up Trev and Pestbird. Thanks for the calibre info Lynn. I hope to get over there next year (weather permitting!).

Alan

Lynn Otto

#11 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm

lol Alan, not for the shooters, but it is an unfortunate quirk of the range that when they get really strong winds from a particular direction it is litterally impossible to keep the targets in their frames. It would have been good to have known this before the range was built but then the backstop position is a part of the problem so would not have been obvious before the construction, alas. This is really more an issue of marker safety than anything else.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Yes we had an example last year in the lead-up.

I shouldn't joke about it - it was actually just a bit of sledging in anticipation of next year :D .

Alan

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Very well done to Stuart Braund on a clear win, Bruce Kneebone who made amends for his bad luck last year, and Greg Warrian. I believe it was the first Queens wins for Stuey and Bruce.

RAVEN

#14 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 pm

The Queens is over for another year ho what could have been :cry: Lower light really know how to turn it on some must think it is a terrible place but it sure is a place you can go from hero to zero in one range or visa versa.

Bruce Kneebone did do well and the mouse (Robert R-M) was breathing down his neck all the way closely followed by Malcolm H just waiting for one to make a mistake
Poor John C had a round come apart at the 400m range the first day and had to retire from that range and would have been nudging the winners I’m sure.
Greg W ,Chris G and Jim F also did well Chris G will get his wish and be in A grade next year :P .
There was some discussion about grading but the powers that over see this did work out a fair system with the little time they had to do it. And a big thanx to Adam Davies for his assistance.

And well done to the little bro =D> =D> dog gone beat me oh well :-({|=
Alan P has occasionally popped in on the SARA Queens to take the No.1 badge ( in fact every time he has he has won it ) unfortunately he was not that well and had a bad one at 600m on day 2 and never recovered.
Trev O also had his best result ever well done Trev =D>
I was tied for 3rd place and got the No3 Badge on a count back :shock: :shock:
SARA also awarded the SARA cross to 1st & 2nd Grand Agg Winners in F-Grades this being a first :shock:
Now some drama and bag blowing for you Alan
The 700m event on day 2 of the lead up I was first down had fire 8 shot only dropping 3 I was on a roll with a 97 well with in my grasp
The RO blew the whistle and the shooting was halted shooters had to leave the mound apparently the wrong targets had been put in and they decided to break for lunch 1.5 hrs later I returned with 2 options to start again or have 1 optional and the remaining 2 shots.
Humm what to do :?: :?: the condition had completely changed in strength and direction.
I opted for the 1 optional and the 2 to go
the first shot was a 3 at 9 o’clock nearly on the wooden frame nearly of the target did some serious number crunching then took my first business shot ya wouldn’t have believed it twaz a 10 :shock: boy was I wrapped I did finish with a 9 but that was ok the previous shot would have made up for anything I got on my last I ended with a 96 a PB for me as well and won the range to boot It don't get much better than that for a long range shooter :D :D :D
Cheers
RB the 3rd :lol: :lol:

Paul Janzso

My First Queens

#15 Postby Paul Janzso » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Yes it was my first Queens and I thoroughly enjoyed myself shooting the Hunt (leadup) and then the biggie. There was plenty of rivalry as to what cal was best, 6mm , 6.5 , 7mm , and me with my 30cal.
Well I recon it does'nt matter what cal or chambering you are shooting , it all comes down to ones ability to read the wind , pick the suttle changes and let rip scoring a 10.

I must corect Lyn , I used a Barnard smithed by PSECO with a Lilja 30cal barrel chambered in 300wsm and using 220gn Sierra MK's, not to worry Lyn it's still a dirty 30.

Congratulations to all those who participated and I will look forward to many more Queens shoots.

Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Return to “Events”