Scoped Rifle Training Days

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#31 Postby RAVEN » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 am

NP TQ
Well done

Tony Q

#32 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:32 pm

Thanks Richard.

Our next training day is in August, why dont a couple of you come over for the day and see how we do it.

We would love to see you and you could show off one of your F Open babies :D
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

S.Scheske

#33 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:49 pm

Tony ill come to the next one if i can use the .300 at 1000yrds again.....Still dont know why thats my best score so far....mabe i need to updrade to a bigger rifle..lol
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

RAVEN

#34 Postby RAVEN » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:25 pm

Yep would love to do that thats sort of what I wanted to chat to U about on sunday

Tony Q

#35 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:26 pm

our youngest shooter (14) at the last training day being coached at 300m by Bruce Moulds (MBRC)

Coaches along the line ... Allan Madern(middle) and Tony Quinlan(end)

Click on photo for larger view.

S.Scheske

#36 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:32 pm

Tony i thought you said... no one under the age of 14 should be using large cal rifles...? changed your mind now?
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

Tony Q

#37 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:49 pm

Sam, the NRAA rules set a minimum age of 12 yrs old.

Originally the club set a 15 yr minimum for the training day but we were approached by his father who also participated in the days course.

Both have now joined the MBRC.

Personally, i am not only glad to see such a young shooter in the ranks but also he shot incredibly well and never even flinched at the 308's recoil.

We did have a muzzle brake on hand just in case it was to much for him as we dont have access to a 223 as yet.

S.Scheske

#38 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:13 pm

Yeah that’s what my thoughts were, if they are really interested in shooting and they can handle the Recoil let them do it and if they have a little trouble with it just don’t shoot all 10 rounds after each other maybe get to 3-4 then have a short rest then go back to it.

For new people to shooting the first shot will be a bit of a shock but the 2nd wont be as bad..And so on...

I still cant beleave you thought i wasnt going to like the .300 :lol: its just lucky were not allowed to use a .338 Lapua in Open class..other wise i think i would Cross to the other side :twisted:
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

S.Scheske

#39 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:22 pm

But I don’t think young people should start shooting Fullbore with a .308...*Trevor Straps people in real tight...* :lol:

Nathen the guy that come up with us a couple of times had that Prob he had never used anything other than a .22 befor and when Trevor gets hold of ya...and straps you down its a little different

Keep it up Trevor :twisted:
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

Tony Q

#40 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Our next Training Day has been scheduled for the 4th Sept with the final one for the year on the 13th Nov.

If any one is interested in comming along to see how we run it just send me a PM. You may even look at introducing it into your own club and start a tidy F Class cash fund for your clubs develoment.

S.Scheske

#41 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:05 pm

lol 13th of November.... if i come can i please not mark targets..? *laughs because he will be at kapooka any way*
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

Tony Q

#42 Postby Tony Q » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:13 am

Well our 4th Sept Training Day is all booked and paid up. The 13th Nov has 3 booked in and we are getting enquiries from Victoria and NSW shooters who want to come to SA to do the course.

So come on guys, your state needs this as well 8)

Its not difficult and we have done all the hard work to get it right. So have a think about getting your own clubs involved, it raises awerness for the sport, gets new members and puts some money into club coffers.

its win win all round.

Any one interested just PM me with your e-mail addy and i'll send you a course outline to present to your own club.

Tony.

Tony Q

#43 Postby Tony Q » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:11 pm

Now a couple of you have asked for infomation but as i said above we are recieving enquiries from interested shooters from Vic and NSW all the time.

These shooters have not come across F Class before and they are looking for an ice breaker.

Is there anyone keen to show these shooters what its all about and get them behind a rifle?

If so PM me with your contact details for passing on?

Tony Q

#44 Postby Tony Q » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:04 am

Well it looks like the rain will be gone for tomorrows 3rd Training Day (looks like cutting the head of the chicken worked). Even though the club did not realise, when they issued the dates, that it was fathers day tomorrow we still have a full turnout of people helping out.

I will let you know how it went.

Tony Q

#45 Postby Tony Q » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:14 pm

Perfect Weather and another great bunch of 10 students provided a memorable Training Day for all. Every one was on time and they were riveted to every word being spoken to them throughout the day and everyone went home with smiles on their faces.

Highlights and Bloopers for the day:

One highlight was when we set the rifles on the mound and called for the first lot of shooters … on chap was smiling so hard as he got behind the rifle he was told to stop smiling or it may put his shooting off!!! … his reply … he started laughing. :lol:

One blooper was me telling one student to ‘aim off left at 3-o-clock’ ??? … it didn’t take long before I was the butt of every joke throughout the afternoon! .. and im sure for months to come :oops: :oops: :oops:

If he had only listened to me and aimed off LEFT he would have got a 6 instead of the 5 he got .. :wink: (Fullbore Targets)

We had some pretty impressive shooters in this lot and most of them had never heard of F Class before, we are very hopeful of some new members for both SA and VIC.

All up it was a very humorous day with every participant wishing to do it all over again.

(the class...on the 1000yd mound with targets in the background)

Next one … Nov 13th.

Return to “Events”