TRA 2024 Kings Prize and Match Rifle Championships

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

PeteFox

TRA 2024 Kings Prize and Match Rifle Championships

#1 Postby PeteFox » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:43 am

Ladies and Gents
I am already fielding enquiries about our event in 2024, so I have decided to put the dates out early

Next year is the 100th Anniversary of the first TRA Kings Prize held in 1924. To celebrate we are looking to do something special, based on the badge below. It will be a one-off opportunity. More about this later .....

KPM1924.jpg

The outline program is attached

Please be aware that the queue for ferry bookings for high vehicles (2.1m and above) have ballooned out to five months, so if you want to bring your van or camper over you need to book by the end of September.

enquiries
trasecretay@protonmail.com

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteFox

Re: TRA 2024 Kings Prize and Match Rifle Championships

#2 Postby PeteFox » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:57 pm

Ladies and Gents
Entries for the 2024 TRA Championships will be available online around Christmas.
A couple of changes for this year:

- This year we have included Sporter Hunter as a discipline - Production Class Open (PCO) only. A couple of things to be aware of:
Our range standing orders prohibit magazine fed loading (single round loading only). See SSR's 23.1.5. So SSR's 23.1.5.1 through 21.1.5.3 are moot.
Our range standing orders also prohibit the use of muzzle brakes, see SSR 23.1.3.

- Entry to the TRA 1000 yard Championship will be included (free) for those entering the Priory Ridge Wines Series and the Kings. There will be badges in all grades.
i.e. TRA, TRB, TRC, FSA, FSB, T-TR, FO, S/H.

Pete

PeteFox

#3 Postby PeteFox » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:43 am

Ladies and Gents

the entries for the 2024 TRA Match Rifle, the Priory Ridge Wines and the Kings PM are now open

The entry information can be found here >> TRA Kings Prize 2024 Entries

I will begin processing entries after a short Christmas break

Pete

PeteFox

#4 Postby PeteFox » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:17 am

Ladies and Gents
If you are using the online form to enter the TRA Kings you should get an email back from the server and a follow up email from me within 48 hours.

If this doesn't happen it means that the internet has eaten your entry and you need to send me an email so that I can get it fixed.

Pete
trasecretary@protonmail.com

PeteFox

#5 Postby PeteFox » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:42 am

Is your badge here?

TRA No1 Badges.jpg

This is a line up of the 2024 TRA Kings No.1 badges for each of the disciplines.
Target Rifle A, B and C; F Std A and B; F Open; F-TR and Sporter Hunter

They are based on the original 1924 badge and are a once only issue.
Sitting back thinking about it doesn't count as an entry, so you know what to do.
Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteFox

#6 Postby PeteFox » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:39 pm

There's much to be said about Tassie weather, and the thing is, you've got it all wrong. Half the continent is getting blown away, rained on or being cooked.
It's 20 deg here at Campbell Town with a 7km/h wind, no chance of rain and perfect for shooting.
CT weather.jpg

And while you're here travelling about, the weekend after the Kings PM (Saturday 16th March), Smithton Rifle Club is holding a prize shoot at the Smithton Range.
15 shots at 500, 600 and 700 yards with a $35 entry fee.
There's free camping nearby at the Tall Timbers Hotel RV Stop which is attached to the Tall Timbers Hotel and it's not your average pub campground.
I have attached a flyer for your info. Contact details in the flyer

And I'll even ask Albert to add it to the Aus Points Series.

Pete

PeteFox

#7 Postby PeteFox » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:09 pm

I'm starting to get a little rush of entries which is good, please keep them coming.

Shooting starts with the Match Rifle at Campbell Town on the 1st March, the week before the Kings. I've entered and will be shooting on each day. I won't be going back to the office tp process an entry once I've started for the day.
Due to the fact that I'm a one man band, it means that I'm going to have to close off entries on Thursday 29th February.

After that date, it's difficult print up entry labels, range cards etc., because I'm moving office to the range. So if you're intending to enter, please get your entry in now.
All the info is available here >> 2024 entries

So if you turn up on the day, there will be no one there to process your entry.

If you're having trouble with this you can email me at trasecretary@protonmail.com or phone me on zero four one seven one eight five two seven six and we'll get it done.

CT weather 2.jpg

Latest CT weather

Pete

PeteFox

#8 Postby PeteFox » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:00 am

An event is only as good as the people behind it. And we have a dedicated group of people making targets, repairing target frames, mowing and tidying up around the range - a whole lot of volunteering going on.

But I want to single someone out who has gone above and beyond to make our Centenary King's Prize a success. Guy Grining and his family company World Heritage Cruises have stepped up to sponsor prizes for the winner of each discipline in the Centenary King's.

World Heritage Cruises operates what is arguably Tasmania's premier tourism venue. The Red Boat sails into the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area daily from Strahan on Tasmania's West Coast. I have personally been four times and it never gets old. So while you are here you know what to do and because you have read this far you'll be able to to tell someone else about it. Supporting those who support us, keeps shooting alive.

WHC.jpg

Guy is a bit of a character with a dry sense of humour, you can meet Guy and sample the cruise here >> https://youtu.be/_O0FnFIx_nk

C Town weather today

CT weather 3.jpg

Pete

PeteFox

#9 Postby PeteFox » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:13 am

The online entry form has been shut down as of 28th Feb.
The only way to enter now is downloading the PDF form at >> https://www.tasrifle.org.au/s/KPM-entry ... 024-v3.pdf
and emailing it to trasecretary@protonmail.com

Pete

Cyrus

#10 Postby Cyrus » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Anyone know where we can see TRA Kings scores.
Not showing on the NRAA site?
Thanks

PeteFox

#11 Postby PeteFox » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:34 pm

Cyrus wrote:Anyone know where we can see TRA Kings scores.
Not showing on the NRAA site?
Thanks

Probably because the Kings is next weekend, look for the match rifle
Pete

Cyrus

#12 Postby Cyrus » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Apologies, I did mean the MR, they’re up now thanks

Return to “Events”