Corryong 1000

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Matt P

#46 Postby Matt P » Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Alan said
unless Paroz does the sensible thing and brings his open rifle :D
Alan
Not much chance of that, don't have one !!!!!

Matt P

#47 Postby Guest » Fri May 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Would appear you've already done the sensible thing Matt.

Chopper

#48 Postby Chopper » Fri May 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Adam do you have any recommendations ? Paul.

#49 Postby Guest » Sat May 03, 2008 10:57 am

I have quite a few but none to do with your shoot at Corryong.Good luck with it.

Chopper

#50 Postby Chopper » Sat May 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Adam ime not quite sure what you mean ? Paul.

Razer

#51 Postby Razer » Sat May 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Well it just goes to show what a little bit of discussion can create!
Corryong must be the most known range after all the posts and hits.
Thanks for the bribe of a dog Chopper but am now retired and laid to rest
the last of my four legged working mates two years ago.
Still think a red centre would work,just use green side of spotter :twisted:
or are some shooters red/green colour blind? :wink:
Wish you all a good shoot.
Ray.

Chopper

#52 Postby Chopper » Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Razer how about a dog ,pair of thermal undies, and a beer,Paul,my shout.

Chopper

#53 Postby Chopper » Sun May 04, 2008 10:27 pm

september, october, november,???

Simon C

#54 Postby Simon C » Mon May 05, 2008 11:12 am

I think this thread is no longer viable. :roll:
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

AlanF

#55 Postby AlanF » Mon May 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Chopper wrote:september, october, november,???

Looking at the Queens, Vic PM, ACT BR, and Match Rifle calendars I'm wondering if November 8 and 9 would suit? That would be the weekend prior to the ACT Queens - some might go to Corryong, then to Canberra as there is only the Monday and Tuesday to fill in between. I notice that the Vic MR Champs are at Corryong on November 1 and 2, which is the previous weekend. I can't see how that would be a problem (except they'd get some very useful practice :shock: ).

Alan

Razer

Re:

#56 Postby Razer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 pm

AlanF wrote: Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Ray,
(snip)I actually think the main ingredient required to succeed in F-Open is "research and development". You need to choose the right specifications, calibre, and components, (and gunsmith) and be prepared to test thoroughly to get the most out of your gear and yourself. This is likely to be more costly in terms of time than monetary outlay.

Anyway, I'll count you along with Barry among those who doubt that F-Open has a future. I hope to be able to contact you again in a few years time to tell you that we're still going strong, and still enjoying the sport as much as the F-Std and TR shooters :D !
Alan

***********************************************************************************************
Well Alan, 5 and a bit years on I will have to admit that the turn around in FO has been nothing short of an astounding success. =D> although, I do believe that the integration of TR,FS and FO all on the one target has made a significant contribution to this. :wink:
We even have FO shooters in our club now, something that was not feasible if the old FO target was still in use as we only have two targets. :(
It is even more viable now we are using electronic targets, (not really considered then), but, they are here now, and, no more plotting shots on the mound, just log on at home after and print off the sheets to see exactly where all the shots fell. :) Great for load testing. :D
Ray.

AlanF

Re: Re:

#57 Postby AlanF » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Razer wrote:Well Alan, 5 and a bit years on I will have to admit that the turn around in FO has been nothing short of an astounding success. =D> although, I do believe that the integration of TR,FS and FO all on the one target has made a significant contribution to this. :wink:..

That's very charitable of you to revisit this old thread Ray :D . Yes, looking back F-Open wasn't in very good health then, and you're right if there was one thing you could point to which helped turn things around it was the change to mixed squadding on the same target as everyone else. Now we have a similar situation for F/TR although there is no target difference, just a slowish uptake. What it needs is for those who believe in it to be patient and keep chipping away at the resistance, and it'll suddenly take off.

Alan

Return to “Events”