Long range (1200 yd) F Class at Ungarie

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Long range (1200 yd) F Class at Ungarie

#1 Postby RDavies » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 am

How many people here will be going to the 1000,1100 and 1200 yd shoot at Ungarie on 3 and 4th may? It isnt very often we get to shoot at these ranges so I will be going along for a shoot. Will the targets be run the same way as they are in F class/full bore?

mike H

Ungarie Match Rifle and Long range F/class

#2 Postby mike H » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 pm

I am going,
Should be a program somewhere, basically it is 800 metre target, at all ranges. 15 shots at 1,00O I,I OO and 20 shots @ 1200 yards, first day. Usually 15 shot matches second day. I am too lazy to check it out. It is a great shoot, NSW and Ungarie put on a top weekend. Hospitality is extremely positive, Ungarie pub, bowling club and match rifle shooters see that you enjoy yourself. If you are a long range F/class shooter, you will match it with some of the top shooters in Australia. The way the season is, you will either have Mud or dust, no time for the grass to grow, even if it rains. Just come, if you have never been to a Match Rifle event, you will be pleasantlysurprised.
See you there,
Mike H.

pjifl

#3 Postby pjifl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:19 am

The long range event is tops and most FO rifles are easily capable of the distance. There is some crossover between Match and FO people and the small group who shoot these events are very friendly. I would urge any FO people who can go to do so.

Scoring indication is a bit different but it takes only a few minutes to get used to.

I am quite jealous of not being there.

Peter Smith.

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 am

It will be a big trip for you to get to the event Peter. It would be good to see you asnd your beutiful looking rifle again. The event should be good fun by the sound of it. I wont be able to go to the friday practice, but will be there Sat and Sun

pjifl

#5 Postby pjifl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 pm

It clashes with the NQ Queens in Mackay anyway. But I could not make it that far.

Raglan in Easter, Mackay in May and Townsville in June is a huge effort.

One day I will turn up with a Normal looking rifle and really stun everyone.

Peter.

Return to “Events”