ROSEDALE OPM This Weekend

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ROSEDALE OPM This Weekend

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:51 am

This year promises to be the best Rosedale yet for F-Class.

There WILL be two grades of F-Std (flyer had said "numbers permitting"). And I believe there will be 8 F-Open shooters from Stratford-Maffra club alone! So if a few of you northerners and westerners turn up it could be bigger than the Queens!

There will be a "door prize" draw for a 56pc quality cutlery set for all 2 day entrants. The winner of the 1000yd One Shot Wonder (open to all classes) will receive a bottle 12yo scotch. F-Classers will be treated equally to TR for all trophies badges and medals. $25 per day will include entry into all events (including club teams), plus camping on the range (hot showers), plus afternoon teas. And there will be low cost drinks, lunches both days, and a barbecue on Saturday night.

No visitors will be asked to mark - we still need a couple of paid markers if anyone is interested - the rate is $70 per day including lunch and soft drinks. Please call me on 0427 949 531 or e-mail alanpfraser@bigpond.com if you can help.

If anyone is coming from the north-east, I would recommend coming via Hume Hwy, W Ring Road onto Tulla Fwy, then turn LEFT off the Bolte bridge onto the Monash Fwy. Rosedale is a full 2 hrs from Melbourne. Don't come over the top via Jamieson - Licola unless you like dust and a rough ride!

Hope to see many of you here!

Alan

teddywaddy

#2 Postby teddywaddy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Alan,

I am looking forward to another weekend of Shooting!!

Cheers,

Rhonda

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Preliminary results and numbers for the OPM:

F-Std A - Noel Osborn, Strat-Maffra, 339, 4 entered both days
F-Std B - Rhonda Dearnaley, Warracknabeal, 327, 6 entered Saturday, 7 Sunday
F-Open - Alan Fraser, Strat-Maffra, 560, 9 entered both days

Weather was mild, with a moderate westerly Saturday, and light easterly Sunday.

Two new shooters who impressed were Rhonda Dearnaley (alias "Teddywaddy" on this forum) who won F-Std B, and Phil Giddens who came third in F-Open after being in the sport for just a few weeks.

BTW Barry, the way things are going, F-Open might outnumber F-Std here next year (and you never know, the trend may spread to other parts). :D :D

Alan

John E

#5 Postby John E » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Sorry that I didn't get there Alan, but I had a previous engagement, as you know. If I had been smarter, I could have been home on Wednesday, with a lot more meat in the freezer, and back at Rosedale for the weekend ( looking in a bit better condition ). Next year, perhaps. :) :) :)

John

teddywaddy

#6 Postby teddywaddy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:01 am

Poor Bambi !!!

Cheers,

R.

#7 Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:42 am

Alan,
Nice to see FO numbers up. How many outside local club were there?
Sorry we could not make it, we at Castlemaine have had a sudden influx of new FS shooters and someone has got to look after them ( 7 to be precise ) This now makes 19 FS shooting at Castlemaine. Sadly no FO.
PLs send me full FS list so that I can update Grading.
Barry

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Barry Davies wrote:...How many outside local club were there?
Just Bruce Kneebone and one SSAA shooter from elsewhere.

Barry Davies wrote:...This now makes 19 FS shooting at Castlemaine. Sadly no FO...
I think the simple fact with getting F-Open going at a club is that you need at least one who is very keen, and determined to do it.

Barry Davies wrote:...PLs send me full FS list so that I can update Grading...
Yes, will do so tonight.

Alan

Return to “Events”