F CLASS STATE TEAMS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#46 Postby AlanF » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 pm

Sorry Lynn :oops: .

Lynn Otto

#47 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:40 pm

:D Nothing to be sorry for Alan, what I was asking probably wasn't worded all that clearly.

Does anyone have an answer to the question though?

Matt P

#48 Postby Matt P » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Paul
Nsw would be able to put together a team for FS no problem, I don't know if FO would be able to field a team, there are more than enough shooters to get a team together but I don't know if there would be enough interested shooters if you know what I mean, maybe some of the NSW FO shooters may chime in.

Matt P

Chopper

#49 Postby Chopper » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm

G,day Lyn at this stage VRA has adopted the state teams and i believe a venue will be set for bendigo 2009 somewhere before or after the queens and i think there will possibly be a meeting during the queens 2008 for f classes to put forward their thoughts but it would be a good idea to get some ideas on this forum before that to give them a general idea of what we want as iknow some do watch this forum so have youre say but i would think a 6 man fs and who knows 3 or 4 fo over something like a merret match coached PAUL

Lynn Otto

#50 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 pm

Paul, it's improbable that we would be able to get to Bendigo for this event, especially since I'm told that the National Teams Event (fullore) is scheduled for Queensland early in 2009, and that is where we are more likely to make the effort to attend.

I don't see anything wrong with the current suggestion of 6fs / 4fo, but as I've already said, it may be difficult to get working people there and it seems to me that FO shooters are more in the working age bracket than FS shooters.

As to coached, well, me personally, I can't handle being coached, I'm too damn independant, I like to be 100% in control of or at least responsable for the outcomes of my shots. But that's just me, I'm sure coached is the way to go for most people. :D

Geoffrey Grenfell

#51 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:39 pm

F-Class state teams: OK Chopper has asked me for an opinion, firstly let me say this is a big commitment to each person considering; Taking on or is offered a state team position by there state body, financially and time wise.
State team matches should be patronized by all states or at least four other than this it would be a tin pot show.

F-Open shooters when your doubting your selfs with time commitments and numbers not even enough to count on your own hand, I think that says enough, F-Open members are battling to support their pm fixtures, when they do they may have only three. In Victoria the Prize Meetings catering for F-Open rely on Portland SSAA members to turn up to cover the costs.
I,m not bashing F-Open but if you were involved in State Teams the only way possible would have to be a composite team.
How-ever I were asked for my opinion: I believe F-standard should be given the nod to go it alone for State Teams at this stage, FS have the numbers and the talent. FS and FO don't shoot together, Dont get along with each other, how are you going to train together ?

LET BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER
Geoff.

AlanF

#52 Postby AlanF » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:32 am

Greno wrote:...FS and FO don't shoot together, Dont get along with each other, how are you going to train together ?...

That is a pretty big statement Geoff. You obviously know what goes on around the Bendigo area, but I haven't noticed animosity between the two F-classes elsewhere.

Regarding F-Open and a composite team, don't you think its worth a try? If there is a problem between F-Open and Standard, then surely this is a great way of improving things, by putting us in the same team.

Alan
Last edited by AlanF on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel

#53 Postby Daniel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Since September last year, the members of the Portland Rifle Club have had more than enough of "making up numbers" and "covering costs".
Daniel.

AlanF

#54 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Daniel,

I am sorry that you are taking a couple of statements from individuals to heart. Yes we have been making a big effort to attract your group into F-Open - that is obvious. And its also true that you make a big difference to the financial success of the prize-meetings you attend as a group. But we would not be making this effort if we thought you wouldn't provide decent competition. Your better shooters would be competitive at Queens level now, and there are others I noticed with good potential for the future.

I also think that your attitude to this issue Daniel is not unanimous in your group, and I would urge any SSAA Portland shooters who would like to attend any F-Open event individually, to let me know and I will ensure that you are made welcome.

BTW myself and a couple of other Vic F-Open shooters will be "making up the numbers" at a 1000yd BR shoot in Canberra soon.

Alan

Daniel

#55 Postby Daniel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Alan;
Thanks for the compliment regarding the strength of the shooter base in Portland. Regarding the remainder of your post, as captain, I am obliged to do as the members request.
Daniel.

RAVEN

#56 Postby RAVEN » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi Daniel
there is one thing I can say for sure is the reason my brother and I plus one other went to Horsham last year was to compete against the Portland crowd.
I would be disappointed if the Portland mob were not there this year
As I was intending to encourage more Sth Aussies to attend this OPM
It has the potential to be one of the largest opm's for F-Class
Cheers
:) Richard

teddywaddy

#57 Postby teddywaddy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone!!!

I would be interested in a VIC F Standard team!!

But it is early days for me just been shooting for 7 weeks now LOL!!!

AND having a ball.

I have met a great bunch of people & you guys are very friendly & welcoming to a new person off the block & I look forward to seeing you at the shoots coming up!!

Cheers.

Chopper

#58 Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 am

Well i beleive nominations have been called for and the target magazine will be out soon if not already so i guess its time to get something constructive happening, it will be interesting to see how many interested people there will be, personally ime looking forward to this event and if all works out i might nominate ,who else ,CHOP

bennf

Im In

#59 Postby bennf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:09 pm

I am up for NSW. In fact I am sending a letter to the NSWRA asking them to support a state team.
I was told that the reason for the hesitance may be that the states are worried about the team not being of the quality required to call it a state team.
So far I have spoken to queens winners and major prize meeting winners who are keen.
Who Else
PM me or email me
benn at targetrifle.net
so that I can give the NSWRA some real names and form.

Benn

Chopper

#60 Postby Chopper » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Good on ya Benn, i havent heard anything from the other states but victoria seems to be very keen an who knows they may even have to have a trial for selections, this will be the start of things to come,Chop.

Return to “Events”