Moe OPM and Rosedale Picnic Shoot

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Moe OPM and Rosedale Picnic Shoot

#1 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:33 pm

Next Saturday Moe City RC will be staging another great little OPM. There will again be very generous prizes for F-Class. $100 first place for each of F-Open F-Std A and F-Std B, and 5 badges in every grade. I don't know of any other OPM anywhere where F-Class is treated this well.

And on the Sunday, the 1000yd picnic shoot is just 30km away at Rosedale. Just $10 gets you lunch, afternoon tea, and a crack at one of 5 Christmas hams (one for each of A, B, C Grades and F-Std and Open. Plus you are welcome to camp Saturday night at the Rosedale range with showers and kitchen available (see Noel Osborn at the MOE OPM to arrange).

So please, show these meetings the support they deserve. You won't be disappointed.

Alan

John E

#2 Postby John E » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 am

Sorry I can't get to Rosedale, Alan. I have been booked into lunch at the Collingwood Animal Farm, for my grandson's 1st birthday, but I intend to be at Moe on Saturday. It's always an excellent PM, and I hope to see a good turn up of F Class shooters there. The club certainly deserve our support, they stuck to the advertised prize list last year even though they didn't get enough shooters to break even, and I recommend it to everyone.
We have seen people complaining on this site about a lack of badges for F Class, so it will be interesting to see how many of them turn up at Moe.

John

ned kelly

#3 Postby ned kelly » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:17 am

G'Day All,
sorry i have a Christmas do to attend.......good luck to all who attend!
Cheerio Ned

John E

#4 Postby John E » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:13 am

Alan,
how did Rosedale go? Who won the Hams?

John

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 am

John,

Ham winners were :

A Grade Matt Hobbs
B Grade Carol Hulett
C Grade Jay Wyntjes
F-Std Noel Osborn
F-Open Alan Fraser

Conditions were actually quite good, but many scores were not, with Noel Osborn (112) and Matt Hobbs (98.5 ) being the main exceptions. Most others were left rummaging around in their "excuse bag". Noel took the Bullet Shield and the Moe-Rosedale Agg (both based on MCSI). It was announced that next year there is a private donation of $1000 for the Moe-Rosedale Agg, so that should swell the numbers! A big thank you to Graeme Minns from Warragul-Drouin.

Alan

John E

#6 Postby John E » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:03 am

Congratulations to all the winners. Kay and I are sorry that we couldn't be there ( we had to buy our Christmas ham this year :cry: :cry: ). I've already made the booking for Moe/ Rosedale next year -- the Collingwood Animal farm wore me out --- we must have had about eight kids under 3y.o. to run us ragged, but it was a good day and the kids had a great time.
Moe was a very enjoyable day, as always, and it was good to see them get a better turn-up than last year.
Good on Minnsy for his outstanding generosity --- I'm pretty sure that will increase the entries next year.
John

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:46 pm

The Moe City OPM results are HERE.

Congratulations to Noel Osborn in F-Std B, Peter (the real Ned) Kelly in F-Std A and Wayne MacFarlane in F-Open =D> =D> =D> . It was particularly pleasing to see Wayne come all the way from Bendigo and clean up with a great 98 on the new target at 600yds. These winners all got $100 plus badge plus more money for range placings. Moe continues to win friends in F-Class.

Alan

John E

#8 Postby John E » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 pm

I think you might have got the FA and FB results a about, Al. Noel won't be happy with you putting him in FB. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Events”