Glenrowan 2008

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tom Lowndes

Glenrowan 2008

#1 Postby Tom Lowndes » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm

To all FStd Shooters

Starting 2008,Gnome Accessories(Tom&Elly Lowndes) will be sponsoring a new trophy at the Easter Shoot at Glenrowan Vic.

This will be for the highest two day agg score in FStd irrespective of grade.

The trophy will be a perpetual trophy,and $100 cash prize.

Look foreward to seeing you there.

Tom Lowndes

Note:

This is a separate trophy for the two day agg.

The normal two day agg trophies per grades will continue.

VickiMcc

#2 Postby VickiMcc » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:39 am

Congratulations Tom on the continuing support for F std.

Do you think that the O & V DRA can be convinced to hold F Open as well???? Its still a way off yet and if there is enough interest gernerated by members of this forum do you think that prizes and badges equal to std would be offered...

So therefore i ask the question to F Open shooters

Who would be interested in attending the 2 Day OPM at Glenrowan at Easter time in 2008??? We need some genuine interest to get another prize meeting on the calendar

Paul

agro

Glenrowan 2008

#3 Postby agro » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Paul,
I would be.
This is a good incentive system to generate interest.

Wayne

Chopper

#4 Postby Chopper » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:11 pm

I have put this matter to our AGM and of yet have not had any reply

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:45 pm

I would be interested.

Alan

Chopper

#6 Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:59 am

The FO matter will go to a delegates meeting in about two weeks i will keep you posted , but i can tell you they will want support so some ideas of numbers would be good to put forward before the meeting, its up to you to help, i have seen it catered for before and because of lack of numbers it was not held again, look at karramomus ,i have also spoken to our club captain and WODONGA opm will hold FO if the numbers are there for that also again its up to you PAUL.

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 am

I have to say that its mainly up to the local shooters whether F-Open succeeds there. You can't expect big numbers from elsewhere every year. I don't think I've ever seen a north-east Vic F-Open shooter at any of the 3 Gippsland OPMs (Rosedale, Moe and Lang Lang) all which have been running F-Open for at least 3 years. I know that F-Open shooters are scarce in the NE and that you're making a big effort to change that, and it looks like there will be good initial support from elsewhere, but it will be the locals who will determine its long-term success.

Lang Lang OPM is on tomorrow if anyone from up there is interested.

Alan

Chopper

#8 Postby Chopper » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:58 pm

yes I am making an effort Alan 4 fs and 4 fo shooters over tbe last 18 months,help to build their rifles teach then how to shoot and reload ,it takes a lot of time and chews up youre own shooting , i dont want any medals ,and ime not havn a go at the far away shooters either, it would be nice to see some one else bring out 1 new shooter,as i said in a previous forum if every one did bring out one new shooter, add it up,i must say i have not seen this happen to much if ever,and by the way our club has introduced F0 just a matter of getting the targets and you will see the locals there.PAUL

Return to “Events”