Stawell 2 day PM.

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

John E

Stawell 2 day PM.

#1 Postby John E » Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 am

Should be a good meeting. Sounds like F O and F S will be well represented. I'm told that Portland will have 15 shooters there, for starters. I'm heading there tomorrow. Who else is going?
John

#2 Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 am

5 FS from Castlemaine and one from South Bendigo
Barry

John E

#3 Postby John E » Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 am

Sounds like there will be a good turn-up, Barry. I think that Portland has a good percentage of FO shooters, and if the regular attenders go, there should be a good number in both classes for a change. Stawell deserves to get a good roll up because they have perservered with both classes, even when the numbers were poor.
John

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Thu May 31, 2007 1:10 pm

There's a small bus going from Gippsland, including some FO and FS, but I've had to stay back to baby sit Bill Astill :D :D .

Alan

John E

#5 Postby John E » Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm

Bill probably wants to try a telescopic sight while there's no witnesses there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

John E

#6 Postby John E » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:14 am

Stawell has been run and won. It was a terrific weekend despite intermittent rain on Saturday, which made things a bit uncomfortable, and fog on Sunday, which delayed the start and restricted the matches to 7 shots on the day.
The Stawell people handled these setbacks in their stride and the prize meeting was completed without the loss any of the matches. It was extremely well organised, and we did appreciate the efforts of the Stawell Association.
F Class was well represented in both F Open and F Std, with good fields in both disciplines. Daniel Bennett won FO after a shootoff with Franco Sileni, while the Davies family showed their dominance in F Std, with Adam winning FA, and his partner Casey Bell winning FB. Casey has been shooting for only a short time, and is already shooting big scores, and will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. In fact, she is now.
Congratulations to all the winners, and congratulations to Stawell for running a very enjoyable meeting.
John

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Thanks John. You didn't see anyone taking a photo of the scoreboard did you? I'd like to put the scores on our Results page if they're available.

Alan

John E

#8 Postby John E » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:14 pm

Barry has all the results, Alan. He will no doubt post them very shortly.
He and Jenny left Stawell this morning, so they should be close to home around about now.
Make sure that you get the full report on the adventures of the Rosedale boys and girls in the bus, too.
Bad luck you missed a very good FO competition, but I suppose that's the price you have to pay for wet nursing the older members of the club. By the way, how is Blastill? :) :) :)
John

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Messrs Davies and McCarthy both sent results - the first 3 placings in the F-Classes are HERE.

Not sure how Bill is faring John - it was 300yds and wintery so I didn't shoot on Saturday. Bill may not have made it to the range either, just to the Rosedale pub. :lol:

Alan

John E

#10 Postby John E » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:36 am

There's been a lot of bullseyes shot in the Rosedale pub, Alan, particularly by Bill. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re Stawell, perhaps Barry can give us the breakdown of entries --- I had an idea that there were around 30 F Class participants.
I might add that the trophies were very good, and in addition, there was $500 cash, split between the placegetters in each grade for the 1000 yd shoot. I bet Bruce hasn't mentioned his collect to his missus. :shock: :shock:
There was also a stainless Lawton barrel for a lucky two day entry prize.
All in all, it was a great event, (even if the Rosedale mob did get the bus bogged or didn't they tell you that?).
Let's all pencil it in our diaries for next year, and make it an even bigger event.
John

#11 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Breakdown of Stawell Entries are,
Total entries---57
FSA---8
FSB---12
FSO---9
TRA---17
TRB----9
TRC---2
Barry

Return to “Events”