Prizes

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Richard

Prizes

#1 Postby Richard » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:17 pm

To follow on from Matt Paroz's comments about attendance at Queens - what level of prize support would people like to see within "F" competition?

It is my ambition to match the B Grade badges for this year's ACT Queens as well as a big perpetual trophy.

Grateful comments.

Richard

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:08 am

Hi Richard

I'd like to say we do it for the challenge and satisfaction of shooting well and that the prizes don't matter. But.... It is such a good feeling to go home with something, especially the badge. Funny how a small piece of cloth can mean so much.

The problem for many clubs is not knowing how many people will show up in relation to the expenditure thay have made on prizes and this holds true even for the Queens where you pre-nominate, because of late entries and withdrawals.

I believe that the number of badges should be relative to the number of competitors in the class / grade but this can be difficult to know in advance. Our club now advertises one badge (for example) for Std and Open with the option of awarding and then posting out additional badges if the numbers warrant it, this applies to C Grade as well, where we are also not seeing many numbers of late, unfortunately.

I agree though that there needs to be a degree of equity shown or people become disgruntled and don't come back; and we can't aford that to happen. So, ask your state council what they intend to provide at the Queens and tell them, supported by logical argument, if you don't believe they are being equitable.

I don't recall the number of badges presented for F Class at the last SARA Queens (alas I didn't get to shoot there) but we do have a magnificent perpetual trophy for both Open and Standard. These trophies were organised, made and paid for by the SA F Class shooters from several of the clubs. Sometimes if you want something you need to get off your bottom and get it for yourself. The best part is these trophies will be there probably long after we are gone, it is definitely worth the effort.

Incidentally, I hope you get your wish, I hope to get there to shoot. :D

Lynn Otto

Return to “Events”