ACT Queens F-Open Blog

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

phillh

#16 Postby phillh » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Has there been some problems in the ACT? No final 800m scores? Hailstorm as is normal? Any answers?
Phillh

ger

#17 Postby ger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:03 pm

phillh wrote:Has there been some problems in the ACT? No final 800m scores? Hailstorm as is normal? Any answers?
Phillh

Not a technical problem as far as I know. As for hail: I wish! It got quite warm here today.

Results were not sent to me until a bit after 7pm.

As usual, the microsloth programs being used to generate the data (in this case in CSV form) often strips off trailing spaces. This becomes apparent when a score with a centre count that is a multiple of 10 effectively gets divided by 10. So a 148-10 becomes 148-1. The problem is obvious but the solution apparently not. I see this with results data from anywhere that uses Access or more commonly, Excel as a stats system.

So I have spent 1/2 an hour or so manually changing them back to the way they should be (adding 0's). I could programatically do this but for various reasons would not be 100% sure it would be complety correct. As it is, done manually, I'm sure I have missed some.

If I don't do this people whinge at me.

Day 2 results are now available - as is the leaderboard.

Geoff.

phillh

#18 Postby phillh » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks Geoff, I was sure there was a good answer.
PhillH

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks for doing this Geoff. I understand that you're not feeling 100% and that's why you haven't been at the range.

While you're doing the conversions, can you conjure up an algorithm to enhance some of your old buddies scores?

Alan :D

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Meanwhile from the coal-face, its been very warm today - some of us are moving very slowly I can tell you.

The wind was stronger as expected, and from either directly behind, or flip-flopping from side to side. Understandably it was particularly tricky, and 2s and 3s were popping up on the most unexpected scoreboards.

As you can see here, Rod won the daily agg again and his stranglehold is just about complete. He did have a 55 at the second 800, but that was a very respectable score in the conditions. I did give him a good talking to however, saying that we wanted some improvement tomorrow....

Sorry but I still don't have the full ist of calibres - will try to find the energy tomorrow.

Alan
[/code]

ger

#21 Postby ger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 pm

AlanF wrote:Thanks for doing this Geoff. I understand that you're not feeling 100% and that's why you haven't been at the range.

While you're doing the conversions, can you conjure up an algorithm to enhance some of your old buddies scores?

Alan :D

Bloody bronchitis - after a viral infection earlier in the week this one (bacterial) hit me last night. Went to doc this morning and spent all day in bed dosed up on antibiotics! I'm hoping to get out to the range tomorrow (Sunday) morning to catch up with a few friends.

As for scores, remember Filthy Lucre! (joking! ;-)

Cheers,

Geoff.

bruce moulds

#22 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

looks like that gertrude must be a fearsome weapon.
it only needed to be used minimally to secure a fine win.
perhaps it was primarily the psychological damage having a gertrude inflicted on the opposition that did it. because he had one, he didn't need to use it, and non gertrude cartridges sufficed.
well done all.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

DaveMc

#23 Postby DaveMc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Yes congratulations Rod with another fine win.
well done Stephen Sharp - another B Grader leading the way in FS
Also Bob Pederson in FSA and James Bailey in TR (a very fine hit too) =D> .

Cameron Mc

#24 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Congrats to the winners.

Very well done Rod. You would be just coming back to earth from QLD, now your up again =D>

Cameron & Julie

Paul Janzso

#25 Postby Paul Janzso » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Well done Rod and all the other competitors who won.
And well done to all the competitors, at least you were there and gave it a go.
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

RAVEN

#26 Postby RAVEN » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Congratulations Rod and all the other winning competitors.
Sounds like some trick stuff to contend with.
Thanx for the reports Alan as usual well done.
RB

AlanF

#27 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Apologies for the late hour once again.

Yes a top performance from Rod Davies. His performance has been the stand-out across all grades, and even the TR die-hards were admitting it. I'm sure it'll boost the prospects for F-Open as an option for TR shooters converting to scopes.

Some others who did very well today were Ben Farrara, Dave Groves and Paul Deehan.

I was talking to another shooter this afternoon who like myself took a severe beating at various stages of the meeting, and we agreed that there's something about this place that makes you want to come back all the more. Call it a gluttony for punishment or whatever, but I think its more the variety of conditions that gets served up.

Anyway, its all over for another year. Next Queens is NSW in late Jan, and Rod will be shooting there again, so hopefully that will be a good drawcard.

Thanks for tuning in. Next blog from ANZAC.

Alan

DaveMc

#28 Postby DaveMc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks Alan.
Did anyone give the hybrids a run at Canberra??

Dave

bartman007

#29 Postby bartman007 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 am

Well done Rod. =D> Certainly setting the benchmark for the rest of us!

Sounds like Canberra was true to itself again, dishing up conditions to make it interesting.

Well done to the Rosedale boys (Richard and Noel) for their fine achievements. =D>

Alan, did you manage to get the reamer spec's for the Gertrude :wink:

RDavies

#30 Postby RDavies » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Back home now and still have the smile on my dial.
It all went well for me, my gear worked well, no points lost with verticle, I had my head screwed on most of the time and I was fairly lucky with the conditions most times I shot. (Though Ratshot has a better way of saying lucky ranges).
I used the 6.5 Gertrude for 6 of the ranges and even it nearly gave me a few near 5s with verticle as the shoot progressed, so there is nothing magical there, just a ballistic twin to the 260 Rem. I can send reamer prints to anyone if I find it.
It was a well run shoot overall, ran like clockwork, some good conditions, some bad, some rain, some sun.
Congrats as well to Steve Sharp for his overall F std win and a big congratulations to Jim Bailey (who usualy does well when conditions arent great) for his A grade Target Rifle win.

Return to “Events”