Match rifle and NSW queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Match rifle and NSW queens

#1 Postby Tim N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 am

Not sure if this has been discussed but they are both on at the same time - bit of a bummer as they both interest me...
I'll probably pick the queens and another chance to irritate Mr Davies :D
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

TomS

Re: Match rifle and NSW queens

#2 Postby TomS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 am

Queens will be closer - MR is Tasmania so i heard.......

Tim N

#3 Postby Tim N » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am

TomS wrote:Queens will be closer - MR is Tasmania so i heard.......

NRAA has Coonabarabran
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

TomS

#4 Postby TomS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 pm

You might be right!

mike H

#5 Postby mike H » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 pm

TomS wrote:You might be right!

Tom,
He is right,a comprehensive program of Match Rifle events can be found on the Australian Match Rifle site.Ozfclass has a link to Scope Shooting sites,Australian Match Rifle is on top of the list.

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Tim N wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed but they are both on at the same time - bit of a bummer as they both interest me...
I'll probably pick the queens and another chance to irritate Mr Davies :D

While I’m sure you will find plenty of opportunities to irritate me, I too am disappointed that 2 of my (and many others) favourite shoots are on at the same time. I was really hoping that someone would resolve the impasse and move one of the events back or forth a week or so as to not rob one and other of attendance figures. Both shoots lose out how it is now.

budget

#7 Postby budget » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 pm

hi Rod,
I commented or started this topic a while back questioning these ethics and was hammered down by a keyboard warrior from over here.
I personally can not understand why people can not consider others when thinking of programming events.
i realise there maybe certain situations that come into play and the calendar is tight but really make an effort so everyone can prosper from our wonderful sport.
regards paul

Matt P

#8 Postby Matt P » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:26 pm

If the NRAA had communicated with NSWRA prior to approving this event, it may well had been avoided, a bit like announcing that the next National F Class State teams would be held in NSW without ever communicating with NSWRA.
Matt Paroz

Return to “Events”