New light recoil toy

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Re: New light recoil toy

#16 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 am

RDavies wrote:
AlanF wrote:
RDavies wrote:Like I said.

(P.S, if any range officers are reading this and see it at a Queens, it is actually shooting 155gn HBCs at 2840 fps and with its balsa wood stock and 3D graphics making the stock look wider, weighs 9.9kgs)

See you at Belmont. :evil:

Are you saying the RO at Belmont is a pushover? :D

Those out of touch old fogies wont read this forum will they. They will be too busy reading Ozdrillsargent forum

Tim N

#17 Postby Tim N » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 am

Shooter Mc
The scope is rotated 90 deg so all adjustments can be made with your left hand.
Rod
I notice only one primer has fallen out, I would suggest you are being too conservative with powder charges :)
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#18 Postby RDavies » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:57 am

Tim N wrote:Rod
I notice only one primer has fallen out, I would suggest you are being too conservative with powder charges :)

That case has not been primed or loaded. I am not pushing this one hard as I want to keep extraction very easy for when I want to machine gun 10 shots down as quick as possible.

DenisA

#19 Postby DenisA » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:22 am

RDavies wrote:I am not pushing this one hard as I want to keep extraction very easy for when I want to machine gun 10 shots down as quick as possible.

Hell yeah, I've noticed as is probably the case with the SAUM's, that the 300wsm barrels heat up really quickly string shooting too. Especially shooting fast. Doesn't seem to hurt accuracy though over 15 rounds with my 300wsm using 185 Jugs and a light load of ar2213sc. The hotter node of ar2213sc gets it noticeably hotter, noticeably faster. I'd imagine ar2209 would be more aggressive again, though you have more barrel than I do to dissipate the heat.

I have also found that the 300wsm's primer pocket puts up with a heck of a lot. Pressure signs start showing first at hard extraction.

OMiller

#20 Postby OMiller » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 pm

RDavies wrote:
AlanF wrote:
RDavies wrote:Like I said.

(P.S, if any range officers are reading this and see it at a Queens, it is actually shooting 155gn HBCs at 2840 fps and with its balsa wood stock and 3D graphics making the stock look wider, weighs 9.9kgs)

See you at Belmont. :evil:

Are you saying the RO at Belmont is a pushover? :D

Those out of touch old fogies wont read this forum will they. They will be too busy reading Ozdrillsargent forum.
lol funny stuff im sure ive seen that rifle before lol certainly not shooting 155gn hbcs at 2840fps lol

scott/r

#21 Postby scott/r » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:23 am

I think that would have a few a locals at nicknock scratching their heads for a while. "Rods finally lost it, can't even put the scope on properly any more." said by more than one of old boys. haha

RDavies

#22 Postby RDavies » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 am

scott/r wrote:I think that would have a few a locals at nicknock scratching their heads for a while. "Rods finally lost it, can't even put the scope on properly any more." said by more than one of old boys. haha

Luckily at Necknock, the locals don't know their left from their right so they don't pick up on the wonky scope setup.

The best reactions I get to the scope is when I am at Belmont SSAA range with my F class gun. More than once I have been up there for a Queens and dropped into the SSAA range to either fine tune seating depths or fiddle with a tuner, then have a group of young blokes chuckling behind me. When I turn my electronic ear muff up, I get a great running commentary on what a wacker I am as I have all the gear and no idea, my scope is on the wrong way around and is way to high up.

Since there are not many flags on that range, I use my spotting scope to check mirage. This usually brings more laughter about how if I knew how to turn the scope power up I wouldn't need a spotting scope to see my bullet holes.

They really think I am a goose there when they see my tuner and comment on what a whacker I am to buy a muzzle brake with no holes in it.
Last edited by RDavies on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike H

#23 Postby mike H » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 pm

RDavies wrote:
scott/r wrote:I think that would have a few a locals at nicknock scratching their heads for a while. "Rods finally lost it, can't even put the scope on properly any more." said by more than one of old boys. haha

Luckily at Necknock, the locals don't know their left from their right so they don't pick up on the wonky scope setup.

The best reactions I get to the scope is when I am at Belmont SSAA range with my F class gun. More than once I have been up there for a Queens and dropped into the SSAA range to either fire some fine tune seating depths or fiddle with a tuner, then have a group of young blokes chuckling behind me. When I turn my electronic ear muff up, I get a great running commentary on what a wacker I am as I have all the gear and no idea, my scope is on the wrong way around and is way to high up.

Since there are not many flags on that range, I use my spotting scope to check mirage. This usually brings more laughter about how if I knew how to turn the scope power up I wouldn't need a spotting scope to see my bullet holes.

They really think I am a goose there when they see my tuner and comment on what a whacker I am to buy a muzzle brake with no holes in it.

Priceless,and unfortunately they live amongst us.

scott/r

#24 Postby scott/r » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:28 am

That is funny, Rod. Not surprising, but funny. You should have seen the looks I was getting at belmont when I pulled out my target rifle and started putting the sights on. Mumblings about how scopes aren't that dear and how was I ever going to hit anything with that thing. It all went very quiet when "that thing" started shooting groups well under half a minute. hahahaha

OMiller

#25 Postby OMiller » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 pm

scott/r wrote:That is funny, Rod. Not surprising, but funny. You should have seen the looks I was getting at belmont when I pulled out my target rifle and started putting the sights on. Mumblings about how scopes aren't that dear and how was I ever going to hit anything with that thing. It all went very quiet when "that thing" started shooting groups well under half a minute. hahahaha
hahaha
thats funny stuff . Over opinionated people they are everywhere lol .
On another note I'd like to try tr some day . Good bunch of fellas out at Cessnock . I didn't didn't shoot that well out there on saturday but good enough for me . Besides I dont tell anyone but I mostly go out there to hear Ians funny wise cracks hahahaha aswell as the boom of those guns good therapy lol

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”