New F open rifle

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

shooter mcreid

New F open rifle

#1 Postby shooter mcreid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Picked up the new rifle today, my not be everyone's cup of tea but it should stand out!
Stolle Panda
Mcmillan f class stock in arctic camo
30 inch 3 groove lija 9 twist chambered in 7saum
Kelbly rings
March 10 - 60
I'm really wrapped with it, thanks John Giles for building it. I hope the pics work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve N

Re: New F open rifle

#2 Postby Steve N » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Very nice Josh! Sure to be some good scores to come from that rig.

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Congratulations on the "birth" !
So did it get broken in today, ready for our SEDRA Fixtures tomorrow ?
Welcome to F Open, Josh \:D/
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Cameron Mc

#4 Postby Cameron Mc » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 pm

I like it Josh, alot.
Good to see another F Open gun to hit the mound. :D

Cam
PS You gunna give me the Python back?

DenisA

#5 Postby DenisA » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Greaaaat, Josh is in Open nowwwww.......... the whole field gets moved down a spot :cry:

Bahahaha. It's awesome to have you come over to Open Josh. Absolutely love the rifle, the stock and the arctic camo. Can't wait to see it in action.

Is that your rifle on his website??

ecomeat

#6 Postby ecomeat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:59 am

I hadn't seen his website before . Thanks Denis.
Yes, It certainly looks like Josh's new baby has made the front page. I think all the rest are Kelvins :D :mrgreen: :D
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

shooter mcreid

#7 Postby shooter mcreid » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 am

Thanks tony, Steve, Dennis and cam, I picked it up at 9am yesterday and was running it in by 11am. However I'm flying out today to snowboard Japan for a week. Perfect terrain but no I cant take it with me!
That's the one on his site! I would think its the only rifle he has built in that confirmation and colour!
Cam, it would be very hard to part with the Python however I really like the f class stock, may have to sell the Python to get another. Plus it sounds like your wouldn't have the room in your safe!
Oh and Dennis, Brent has got his shehane up and running so add another to the f open field!

Jagumba

#8 Postby Jagumba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 am

Very nice equipment indeed!

DenisA

#9 Postby DenisA » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 am

ecomeat wrote:I hadn't seen his website before . Thanks Denis.
Yes, It certainly looks like Josh's new baby has made the front page. I think all the rest are Kelvins :D :mrgreen: :D

Love his website Tony, it's a great tool for his business. Since I found it, I cant stop "rifling" through all the photos. Beautiful looking rifles.

shooter mcreid

#10 Postby shooter mcreid » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am

I actually have an attic camo onesie from a fancy dress party, might whip it out at the last range of the Nationals this year!

Steve N

#11 Postby Steve N » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:24 pm

shooter mcreid wrote:I actually have an attic camo onesie from a fancy dress party, might whip it out at the last range of the Nationals this year!

I will chip in ten bucks if you do! Any more contributors?? :lol:

Amac

#12 Postby Amac » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey Josh

How's the new addition to the family going? Looked really nice at the C v C match.

Any further with the load development yet?

Cheers

Andrew

shooter mcreid

#13 Postby shooter mcreid » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:32 am

Hey andy,
Still have a few kinks but it's coming along well. Seems like it has a half grain window around 56.0gr of 2209 producing 2920fps. This was shot on a hot day so I don't think I'm flirting with the limit. I'm finding it is sticky in the bags possibly due to it being 2kg heavier and an increase in surface area compared to the mbr. I think I'll try some Teflon tape to decrease the friction. Hoping to be ready for Warwick in a few weeks!

Amac

#14 Postby Amac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Josh

Sounds like it's coming along well. My little flirtation with the 7's is coming along well too. Very early yet but eh trued Savage is shooting well. No load development yet as still running in. Shot a few .2 groups at 100 with it and 121 the other day with a load I picked as a starter.

You coming up to Bundy this year? I was planning on going to FNQ but looks like a trip west to Longreach might be happening instead. Shame but probably a better option given how busy everything is around at the moment. You should bring this one up to Bundy if you're coming?? Happy to have you in Open.....makes my two days much easier!

Cheers Andrew

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”