finished off my new F Open rig

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Plasmaboy_au

finished off my new F Open rig

#1 Postby Plasmaboy_au » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:12 pm

After almost 2.5 years away from F class, I finished the new stock for my Barnard / 284Win barreled action Mat Peroz smithed for me quite some time ago. The stock is carbon fiber and very light. Looking forward to trying it in an f class shoot shortly.
Andrew Smith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew Smith

ecomeat

Re: finished off my new F Open rig

#2 Postby ecomeat » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Andrew,
It is certainly a different style to what we normally see ! Quite unique.
So is there a balsa wood or similar core inside the carbon fibre ? I was very very close to buying a Spanish made carbon fibre stock just before last Xmas, till someone on this forum pointed out that the high comb would mean a big bend in the cleaning rod . So is yours based on a square carbon fibre chassis section as it seems to be in the photo ?
How much does it weigh ? Keen to see if you managed to get it up near maximum weight.
It looks to have an extra long distance between your rear bag and the front "point of balance" which would hopefully make it very stable.
Any chance of a close up photo of where your bipod attaches ? Will you be using that one in Open, or will you attach a 3" plate and shoot off a more conventional pedestal type rest ?
Good luck with it. You have chosen a great all-round calibre and there seems to be plenty of F Class events all around Australia, so hopefully you will be able to step straight into some good competitions.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Plasmaboy_au

#3 Postby Plasmaboy_au » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi, the stock is a hollow rectangular beam, i fited an accesory rail in the forend that the bipod locks into. The stock, with bedding block and barnard v block weighs a little over 2 kilos.
Andrew Smith

John23

#4 Postby John23 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Nice rifle!

Is the bipod height adjustable?
The recoil pad looks much higher than usual. Is there a reason for this?

JH ;)

Seddo

#5 Postby Seddo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 pm

nice job, i like things outside the box.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Seddo wrote:nice job, i like things outside the box.

+1 on liking things outside the box.
That stock would be great for F/TR, have you considered making some more to sell?

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”