OMARK M44 Fclass rifle. Showing off my new rig

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

John23

OMARK M44 Fclass rifle. Showing off my new rig

#1 Postby John23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello Everyone

I have have been wanting a Aussie action for quite some time and finally am proud to own one.
I have already given this rifle to my 3 year old and he is quite proud to be the new owner.
Unfortunately it will be quite a few years until he gets to have a shoot with it :( :lol:

Next I will be shopping around for a Neilsen for myself. Just a matter of finding the right one.

Anyway.... back to the Omark
Specs:
*Omark M44 1985 model
*Kreiger barrel at 26.5" in a tight neck 308win
*Remington 700 3 lever trigger + Remington 700 2LB trigger
*Custom walnut stock with Alloy bedding block, glass bedding, Anshultz rail, BIG plate to hide numerous holes over the years :lol: . And also a funny little hand turned lock for the cheek piece featuring the famous "23" Number (I might replace it with a modern option down the track)
*pachmayr recoil pad
*Custom 20moa rail with mirage shield mount
*Custom bolt handle
*Reblue
*Sightron 10-50x60 1/8th MOA with target dot reticle
*TSE Fclass bipod
*Custom mirage shield made by me using parts from Spotlight

Pics:

Range test will happen tomorrow and I will be sure to post results.
I hope you enjoyed

JH ;)

mike H

#2 Postby mike H » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Very nice John.

John23

#3 Postby John23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks Mike

And thanks Ozfclass as this is the place I found the rifle and scope.

JH ;)

Josh Cox

Re: OMARK M44 Fclass rifle. Showing off my new rig

#4 Postby Josh Cox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:18 pm

So how did it shoot ?, which load ?

John23

#5 Postby John23 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:38 pm

How did it shoot....

Honestly Josh when I took the barrel off I had my doubts that it was going to shoot.
It was already on its second chamber and the last chamber job was pretty hows your mother with the threads cut wrong and a large section of them missing.

1" was removed and it was re threaded and chambered using a UK palma spec 308 reamer.
A small amount was also removed from the crown.

Turing up at the range I was unsure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised when the thing proved to be a tack driver.
Every load shot well under MOA and 0.2MOA groups are pretty standard in the nodes.
The only hassle I have had is not being able to push the load too hot as with the remanding bad bit of thread in the barrel and lack of cam when opening it becomes a little tight to extract.
FL sizing each time has removed 90% of the problem. My light loads are well on ADI's max and I pushed it 1.5gr past that to get to the next node which shot well but caused the problems.

I am using 175gr nosler custom comps with 45.5gr of AR2208 in matched prepped winchester brass.
The throat is a little short for these pills and when I run out I am going to use a Lapua Scener 155gr which will offer the same BC of 0.505 and also higher MV.

This is my favorette centerfire rifle I have had in a while and I really enjoy shooting it.
Until I bought a Annie 64 MPR 22lr this was my favorite rifle in the safe.
Favorite or not its the one I am most proud of

JH ;)

plumbs7

#6 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi mate , great to hear it shoots. Just thought I would save u a bit of grief . Lapua stated Bc of .505 g 1 drag is a long way off . It's more like .459.
Or .235 g7 . I have proven this at 1000 yds a number of times . I'm sorry ! Don't mean to be abrupt , trying to help! Regards G

Ps actually litz list it as .236 g7.

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”