Man cave under construction

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Man cave under construction

#1 Postby Tim N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi All,
The handbrake must be sick of my reloading at the breakfast bar and has suggested I go ahead and build a gun room out in the shed.
I'm thinking 3m x 5m should do, and would like to hear what others have included as essential items, pics would be good.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Tim N

#2 Postby Tim N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Sorry wrong spot, Ill re-post in technical
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Since you haven't relocated the post, I will add some thoughts.
How about a shooting tube for you to fire into to for fire forming/fouling/running in shots? With a good design, you should be able to fit a bayonet chronograph in there as well. With your semi rural location, noise wont be an issue. I heard of someone being able to do this in the middle of a built up fancy suburb without the neighbours hearing. I will show you when you come around.
It would make a good man cave session to have a bunch of lads around, playing snooker, watching videos, stoking the fire place and having a chronograph session all at once

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm

RDavies wrote:How about a shooting tube for you to fire into to for fire forming/fouling/running in shots?

I tried that but the Earthquake monitoring people kept ringing me up complaining for some reason. :oops:

Make the room as big as possible. The wife is unlikely to let you build a second one so make the first one awesome!

Tim N

#5 Postby Tim N » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks for the tips
Now I need a fire place, hadn't thought of that, should be ok with gunpowder, primers and flammable cleaning fluid. Yep can't see any possible issues :)

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”