Rem 700 Blog The End!

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Rem 700 Blog The End!

#1 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi All , I've just worked out how to post photos . I've already posted this on Tony b ( echo meat ) earlier old thread . So I thought I would do it properly!
Last edited by plumbs7 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quitters never win and winners never Quit!

plumbs7

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Ok I'm on Holidays , so I have time for mucking around on the net !
Here are some other shots that may be of interest .

I love this shot ! This was city v country , I was scared !! And u can see why !

I only have a 3.5 - 15 x 65 nightforce again hunting background and like a challenge . This is what I see at 1000 yds 😳.
I love this sport ! I don't know how it does it ? Like I know all the theory and load / tune and dope to get it the round into the 6 ring . But I'm still amazed ! On a whole for all of us as a sport . It's almost magic ! G S

Seddo

#3 Postby Seddo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:33 am

Nice shooting, a low powered scope adds an extra challenge!
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

plumbs7

#4 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks Seddo 😉

plumbs7

#5 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Ummm ...... Just did another personal best at 300 yds at Dalby of 66.3 and the was fire forming brass 😳😳. This will be the last post on this rifle . Obviously have a Hummer barrel , just one of those special ones . Very Fortunate ! 😃😃.

plumbs7

#6 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi all , just an update. The rifle is now officially call "black Beaty " coined by Viki Cusick . I
Well Black Betty just netted me 5 th in the Nats
I never cleaned the barrel once . The more I shot it the better it got! So I didn't touch it !
Well the list is now
2013 northarm
Crows nest OPM
Wandai OPM
Muckadilla OPM 2nd
Warwick OPM 2nd
5th natioanls . B grade .

Thanks John Giles for a shooter ! The wins come after a lot of hard work and money! Thanks to all of the competitors that made the comps right up there in the coarse of skill and professionalism and not to forget mate ship !
Time for a break now !

I'll put the 26" Lilya back on just shoot a bit of club stuff and work on My Gt !

Again thanks to everyone!
Graham Sells Dalby RC .
Of corse there's a Ps. Yes i think I'll trade the 15 power nightforce for my 22 power NXS. Or give that vortex a go!

plumbs7

#7 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Well from North Arm prize meet till now the above is what this little black hunting rifle has done . It has punched way above its weight as it's still just mag fed factory action .

If I can say with a little humility . I'm very proud of what it has helped me achieve . Yes , I didn't win the Nats ( and it's only B grade . No one cares! Lol) That's because on the day there were heaps of better shots than me ! Not the rifles fault !
Writing this for me is writing a final note of a journey that started 3 years ago and dream to compete in F class and also compete at the nationals with a 20" tactical .
A lot has happened since then . Lots of people have helped me, Mic kyle , Mark Faibairn , Jenni hausler , and of coarse my club mates Cam and Julie Mac and plenty of others.
I've been to the depths of despair and defeat coming last or not doing all that well . Even after lots of hard work. Wanting to quit the sport !
The saying never give up comes to mind . You will over come . If the sport were easy we would've all went home from boredom !
As of today and a lot hard work I finally made it into A Grade .
Thanks Black Betty!
Also thanks for reading my little tribute !
Cheers GS .

OuttaAmmo

#8 Postby OuttaAmmo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:23 am

Good shooting mate.
You can't argue with results!

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 am

Thanks mate! 😎
It's end of the story ! I can let this thread die now !

DenisA

#10 Postby DenisA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 am

Graham, I went to take the same photo of my rifle, but it didn't look the same without any medals or badges. I'll have to have a word to my rifle about that...... :wink:

Pretty sure its the tradesman and not the tool that yields the results in this case. You are right though, I'd prefer to see your naked rifle laying there draped in ribbons than a naked Graham in a provocative pose draped in ribbons.

Great job mate.

plumbs7

#11 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:22 am

Hey Dennis ,
About that provocative pose ! When I was 18-20 with mussels boulging . I would walk past the bathroom Mirror and say"yep ur a stud" as any man of that age would . At 41 ... Now I just look at the balding head , the fat tummy and the droopy butt . Not to mention the other short comings . Very Sad! Lol.

Thanks Dennis , ur a good mate . And I believe it will happen for you too some day( the ribbons that is ) .
Graham Sells Dalby RC

Edit: 3rd Lilly District ( northarm!) OPM 2014 A Grade , first day a disaster ! My fault not the Gun!

plumbs7

Re: Rem 700 lr hunting rifle / f class blog

#12 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi I see a lot if people wanting a dual rifle that's successful in both. The general answer is , it's not possible , they are a poor job in both! I know I said I would this thread die and I will if people don't want it to continue !

Yes I hunt with this rifle ! I have 2 barrels a 26" barrel and a 28". It's only a day before Crowsnest this rifle put down a couple of head of sick cattle ( that's life in the country
The longest hit on feral pest was taken with 26" barrel a couple of years ago at 875 m ranged of a tree ( Leica ) plus a guessed 60 m a bit over a thousand yds with a dyer ( they work well at terminal). Was a lucky shot ! Bit skill and a lot of luck! Perfect conditions!

It's also successfull at f class . The only limiting factor is the nut behind the gun . Of late it has been getting quite high x counts up against pandas , Barnards , pythons . However hunting is usually from a car or 4 wheeler not a carry rifle ! Have a Sako L579 for that ! It's no good freestanding off the shoulder
Rifle
So it can be done! But , usually a dedicated fclass rifle is the way to go ! So for Remington fans this thread will continue as a blog unless people don't want it! I will only mark the achievements of F class only. It's very tough now up against A graders so I wouldn't expect a lot of posts.
Also the rems days are numbered as I have a panda action coming . Any updates will likely be edits!
This blog is for the benifet of Remington lovers , especially those that use them in the services around the free world.

Just another edit as I don't have a life ! The below photo was taken just before the Queens . It was shot be 3 different shooters at Cadarga at a range of 1030 m, with 155 hybreds. Out if the 20 shots below are the ones that hit , slightly wind affected , no flags and no mirage as it was drizzly .

There are two groups that are exactly .1 of a mill apart or one click!

Was lots of fun as u lined up , took the shot , saw the gong swing . Then still had time to remove the earmuffs to hear the tink noise coming back!

Ok club shoot 2 weeks go 500 yds Personal Best 123.10 out of 126
1st Crowsnest sweepstakes and Grand agg!

Edit:13.3.15 blowing primers , stuffed the Jewell trigger ! Timminy now in its place ! Load developing tomorrow see if possibly poor batch of primers causing problem!

City V Counrty next weekend !
56.?? At 300 , nerves my fault !
53.1/53.1 @ 1000 had troubles with misfires . Will change over spring and fireing pin!
Look this old girl has carried me far .But can't wait for the panda, and turn this rifle back into a hunting rifle!

29.3 pulled out old tub quick lock spring and firing pin ( over 2500 rounds old ) and new stock spring and pin . Seemed to fix blowing primers and misfires !
Kruger cup is next at Crowsnest end of next month!

4.4.15 Image
I'm over th moon at the above , last Saturday 15 shot match 100. No blown primers !

Below is sighting in for 168 z max for hunting trip coming up!
There are 4 shots . The ones near the bull are at my 155 hybred zero. The ones way off are with the magspeed chrony mounted . Was 2790 Fps
Over 1600 rounds and hole through hole still . Absolutely over the moon !

Edit 14.4.15
I ordered a whole new firing pin assembly a few weeks ago from brownells . Amazing , $65 Us plus postage and the quality of workmanship was outstanding ! When the trigger breaks the sound is a lot more positive than the speed lock kit! I believe this was the main reason for the hang fires and blown primers . Had no issues with primers of late with the stock pin and spring.

Hopefully u can get the part number from the above . They are totally cnc machined ! Regards Graham.

Edit 1.6.15. Yes this blog is finished but an extraordinary thing happined at the Bundy OPM . My Son shot a 90.7 ( out of 90 ) with this gun at 800 yds and beat me . I was using the pesco panda " the blue whale".

Last edited by plumbs7 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ShaneG

Re: Rem 700 a tribute to the little black rifle that could!

#13 Postby ShaneG » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Congrats on the Crows Nest result Graham!
Come shoot F/TR now and the way you are improving I will be looking over my shoulder or chasing you!
I didn't realise Vicki gave the name to your rifle last year!
It is the same name we have for our beloved old Nissan 4WD we have in NZ!
See you in Brisbane?
Or can you make it to Townsville for the NQRA in May - long way I know but a great shoot because almost everyone camps on the range!
Cheers
Shane

plumbs7

Re: Rem 700 Blog

#14 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:47 am

Well it's end of an era for the old Remington! The pseco panda rifle will be in my hands by this time next week ! That will bring this blog to a close . Don't worry there will be no blogs on the Panda !

My main motive to keep this blog going was defiantly not to blow my own horn . But to let people know of a cheaper way to get into the sport and yes you can build a rem or savage up over time and make it competitive , 28" is a must ! Hopefully there are some newer people out there on a budget like I was and have got something out of this.
Future of this Gun:
This rifle has punch way above its weight ! I'll never sell it , it's just that good ! Never did win that Nats with it , totally the owners fault ! May never realise that dream as there are a lot of top shots around and all of them have my respect !

My youngest Son will be competing at Crowsnest with it next week in the Kruger cup. And also maybe at Muckadilla .
I'll give it a cerokote job maybe in desert tan and camo just to spruce the old girl up. I guess it may make a comeback in F/tr one day . Townsville 50/50 may still happen . Just finances and work ?

Thanks everybody for showing interest ! Regards Graham Sells.
Last edited by plumbs7 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DenisA

Re: Rem 700 Blog The End!

#15 Postby DenisA » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Cant wait to see the PSECO mate. I know I don't have to ask you to post photos of it :D :lol:

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”