Mock Up

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

aaronraad

Mock Up

#1 Postby aaronraad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Getting closer to being finished. :D

The pistol grip is out of position, I need to knock up a trigger guard, the top trail needs to be shortened and front post for the front rest needs to be fabricated.

Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Seddo

#2 Postby Seddo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:48 pm

looks good, I like it when people think outside the box!!
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 pm

PS: no butt stock just the twin rails on the rear bag and to be shot left handed with either eye leaving the right hand free for the reloading and sight adjustment.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:05 pm

The idea of the barrel hanging below the fore-end is interesting. It could be done I guess. Not sure about your current buttstock construction though. Looks to be very flexible. :D

BATattack

#5 Postby BATattack » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah I bn thinking about swinging the barrel under the "forend" for a while. You just have to be careful about setting it up so the front bag complies with the rules and that you can pass the "clamping" test by being able to lift the gun straight up out of the rest.

Norm

#6 Postby Norm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:08 pm

aaronraad wrote:PS: no butt stock just the twin rails on the rear bag and to be shot left handed with either eye leaving the right hand free for the reloading and sight adjustment.

Not sure its legal to have no butt stock like that unless you have a pistol license.?

aaronraad

#7 Postby aaronraad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 pm

BATattack wrote:Yeah I bn thinking about swinging the barrel under the "forend" for a while. You just have to be careful about setting it up so the front bag complies with the rules and that you can pass the "clamping" test by being able to lift the gun straight up out of the rest.

I'll be making a cut-away in the front bag set-up so its supported by the outside of the rail which is 3" wide and the barrel will still be clear. Everything should lift up without interference.

aaronraad

#8 Postby aaronraad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Norm wrote:
aaronraad wrote:PS: no butt stock just the twin rails on the rear bag and to be shot left handed with either eye leaving the right hand free for the reloading and sight adjustment.

Not sure its legal to have no butt stock like that unless you have a pistol license.?

28" of barrel and 10" of action, it will definitely require a double handled pistol grip.

Couldn't find anything definite about a butt stock in the law or ruling? Still comes back to how the range officer feels on the day. Worse case is I add a cardboard cut-out of butt stock to the set-up if it makes them feel safer.

I'll begin trials using a fullbore glove with the pistol grip to handle recoil. Larger calibres would probably have to go back to a full butt stock set-up to handle the recoil.

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”