McMillan F Class Stock

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Seddo

McMillan F Class Stock

#1 Postby Seddo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm

hi guys,

Here are a few pics of the McMillan stock that arrived last week.

F Class
Stiller Tac30 Single Shot
heavy fill
Glued in pillars
Rem 700 ADL trigger guard
Two way adjustable butt
Adj Cheek
Marble - 70% Black 30% Red

----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

ecomeat

#2 Postby ecomeat » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm

That's a nice looking stick, Scott.
Did you custom order direct to McMillan, or did you find one off the shelf ?
I got a "flat top" with adjustable cheek piece ...... Uninletted...... in from Bruno's last year, then added a Tubb adjustable butt.
Are you going to clear coat it ? If you do I would really appreciate you letting me know how it goes.....and what your preparations/sandings were.
After about 9 months of very careful handling I have got a couple of scars on mine that probably wouldn't have happened if I'd coated it.
I have had zero experience spray painting anything, and haven't had the confidence to clear coat it. The fact that my action is glued in makes it that bit harder to get all excited.
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Seddo

#3 Postby Seddo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Tony,

I ordered it direct form McMillan to my specs, order placed 26/09/12 and arrived here last week. I dont have any plans to put a clear coat on it as it has a gelcoat finish already.

This stock is going on the 6mm Dasher i am building. I like the stock so much i am thinking about ordering another one the same stock but with the colours reversed for a 223.

This is from McMillans webpage:
Marble Patterns

Molded-In Colors to Create a Unique Marble Pattern.
Molded in colors are the most durable finish we offer. With a molded finish, the color is impregnated into the gelcoat, or exterior surface layer of the stock. All of the molded-in finishes below should be considered utility-grade. Mold lines, sanding marks, fiberglass cloth and small imperfections may be visible.

Molded-in stocks are provided with a matte finish to minimize light reflection. After receiving your stock, some customers take it upon themselves to further wetblock sand and buff the surface to achieve a polished, warm luster finish. This is particularly attractive with marble patterns.

A molded-in stock will weigh several ounces more than a painted stock due to the additional resin material that is used.

We do our best to make your particular finish as attractive as possible. However, we are limited in what can be accomplished with molded-in colors. Solid colors, especially darker ones, produce the greatest challenge, whereas the camouflage patterns tend to look better because the various colors and shapes hide imperfections. Marbled colors offer the best choice for creating a finished look with a molded-in color.
----------------------

Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Great looking Stock Seddo.
Just the ticket for "TEAM STILLER"

DenisA

#5 Postby DenisA » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Scott, thats one of my favourite stocks on the market. I priced one up through HSS early last year and they came in at about 1K.
I haven't pushed enquiries further but I'm very tempted.

Have you seen the PRT F-class Lowboy. Its another favourite low profile though last time I asked, they don't export.

Very nice mate, I'm jealous.

flatlina

#6 Postby flatlina » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Scott do they do this for a Shillen DGA inlet? Also what is the cost delivered to Darwin? I'll need a barrel as well but not too sure of the calibre yet.

Regards
john

OuttaAmmo

#7 Postby OuttaAmmo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

I'm pretty sure they do any inlet John.

Quick

#8 Postby Quick » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Sedo,

whats the weight of the stock?
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S