DTA SRS for F Class

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

jasmay

#76 Postby jasmay » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:38 am

Seddo,

The 10SS is not a cheytac, it is simply an action and chasis designed to take cases with that bolt face, the chasis is also capable of taking the PL action (long actions). Any number of cals can be screwed onto the action.

As for swapping barrels on a barnard, it's about a 2min job with the right tools, I do it all the time. That includes setting up my barrel vice.

Eric B

#77 Postby Eric B » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 pm

The calibre is irrelevant to the discussion on stock style and functionality. As it happens the 10ss and 07 are styled almost identically.

plumbs7

#78 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Jasmay said , quote:
Wow, no wonder shooting in this country is up to crap...

All manner of rifle was on the mound at the worlds from mag fed to single feed, tactical to target, there were AICS systems, Sako TRG and tactical Remington's, and plenty of vanilla Fclass rifles.

In 2012 there was even a couple of Aussies using some kind of belt fed system, I think Rod Davies would give a better description of it than me, I was just the trigger puller, he was in charge of ammo.

In all seriousness though, have a look at some of the designs coming out of reputable Fclass manufactures, even Barnards stock platform is a bit scary looking...

Let's be more accepting of shooter and slightly less PC when honestly in this case it does not matter as much as some are making out.

I think there is a certain FTR shooter always at the top using a mag fed platform made in his own factory , I don't here anyone complaining to him on the mound.

+1 for Jasmay! Well said !
Last edited by plumbs7 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jasmay

#79 Postby jasmay » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Eric B wrote:The calibre is irrelevant to the discussion on stock style and functionality. As it happens the 10ss and 07 are styled almost identically.

True but a bit of clarity never hurt anyone!

RDavies

#80 Postby RDavies » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:13 pm

jasmay wrote:
In 2012 there was even a couple of Aussies using some kind of belt fed system, I think Rod Davies would give a better description of it than me, I was just the trigger puller, he was in charge of ammo.

Since this is a photo section on the forum, I wonder if anyone has any pictures of that time, I'm sure it would bring some ridicule and derision. Me coaching with my back to the target, though I think you and big dog got close to top score for that range. :lol:
Back to the original subject. While I would rather people didn't turn up on the mound looking like snipers in Ghillie suits, as long as it doesn't look too militant, bring it along and build up the numbers.
I recall seeing a rifle on the bench at the SSAA range in Brisbane last month which made me laugh. The rifle was fully camouflaged, with scrim, twigs and grass hanging off it. I then saw the shooter and instead of being some steely eyed warrior type person, he was about 70kg over weight and dressed like he had just come from a rave. I think he was close to testing the limits of my tolerance, amusing though he was..

jasmay

#81 Postby jasmay » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:50 pm

RDavies wrote:
jasmay wrote:

he was about 70kg over weight and dressed like he had just come from a rave. I think he was close to testing the limits of my tolerance, amusing though he was..

Why are you teasing Marty again.... I thought you made up!!!

Seddo

#82 Postby Seddo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

It would be hard not to laugh looking at a guy shooting f class in a ghillie suit!!
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

DMC

#83 Postby DMC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Stops grass stains on Jeans !

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”