DTA SRS for F Class

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

Southcape

#46 Postby Southcape » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Dave Mc do I have your permission to post the photo I took of you at the Nationals?
Linda

Gadget

#47 Postby Gadget » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Bartman
Les Rozsnyai builds them, custom fit to you the owner with custom MOA rail and while being built we weigh them at the PO on certified scales with your hardware fitted, if necessary he dose a little machining to bring them in at 9.9kg finished, his price is $2400.00. trade name" BUGHOLE "
Never mind cleaning them, I was suppling a lot of the ammo that went through them, that's the other nice thing, all the chambers are exactly the same so we can swap loaded rounds among each other's gun's.
Graham

bruce moulds

#48 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 pm

10fpat,
you have the advantage on me sir/madame.
as you seem to know a lot about me, you probably also know of my continuing interest in and commitment to fclass virtually since its inception in australia.
i do not know your name. would you like to share it?
would you also be prepared to share which club you support fclass in, and what you have done for the sport during your carreer as an fclass shooter.
do you have any achievements you would like to share to demonstrate your skill level in the sport.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

DannyS

#49 Postby DannyS » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Seems to me, that many are happy to hide behind anonymity, it would be good if some were prepared to actually put name to their comments.
Last edited by DannyS on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

flatlina

#50 Postby flatlina » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 pm

DannyS wrote:Seems to me, that many are happy to behind anonymity, it would be good if some were prepared to actually put name to their comments.

Whilst I agree that using forum names can result in people saying more than if they were using their real names I don't think this is the case with 10FPAT. I only shoot F Class occasionally but at this stage just use a Savage .308 10FP and a Savage 110 .223 they don't do too bad a job. Might get a rifle built up one day. I've been involved in the shooting sports for many years now and my thoughts and observations are that if you don't move on and embrace the changes you are doomed to failure. The glory days of Fullbore are over ( it still has a very good following tho) and the future of this style of competition " F Class " is to take in the new type of rifles and members . We are all getting older and we have to nurture the new ones to keep this going. Who do you think will be the Club Captains, Presidents etc in 20 years time.

And before anyone asks - what have you done for F Class- I'll say not very much but I encourage our members at the SSAA Darwin to shoot it and I'm involved in a lot of other disciplines.

Regards

john bellman

bruce moulds

#51 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 am

john,
some people like yourself garner respect because,
a. you have the courage to put your name to a statement and
b. you debate in a civilized manner without personal attack.
it is possible to argue (debate) from a different viewpoint and still respect the other person. but only if they earn the respect.
this website is a forum where most people do debate points in a respectful manner,so when the occasional odd one out surfaces, it is very obvious.
these people will never be taken seriously, because they lack the skills to put a successful argument.
keep safe,
bruce

Quick

#52 Postby Quick » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:02 am

I personally dont have an issue with seddos rifle but i can see how many would.

I myself have a tactical type rifle that i use for fclass, its that way as it covers multiples roles for me, ie: spotlighting, target shooting, hunting, long range field shooting, general plinking. A dedicated fclass rifle won't do that for me. I do know that it would be better to have a dedicated fclass rig for that use but as i work away, I can't justify the expense just yet. I'd rather carry out a few mods to my current rifle and make it still an all rounder but good for F-TR as well which is what I wish to shoot. All that requires is a new bipod and anschutz rail.

Just my two cents worth.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

DannyS

#53 Postby DannyS » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 am

hi Quick,

we have quite a few shooters that use rifles like the Tikka T3 tactical, I don't have any issues with these rifles as they still look reasonably conventional, but Seddos takes it another step.

Anyway we are all different, would be a boring world if we weren't.

Quick

#54 Postby Quick » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am

Danny,

I won't doubt that its an unconventional design but, its also an idea as to the direction we could be heading for design wise. Personally I think that we should embrace change and heck, we a dying sport in a way so we should do all we can to grow.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

bruce moulds

#55 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 am

shaun,
or be like lemmings and run into the sea.
keep safe,
bruce.

Norm

#56 Postby Norm » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:30 am

Its good to have a discussion on these things but is it really a big issue?
I wonder just how these "modern" looking rifles will offend or even be seen by the general public? I think this is a non issue.
After all, its not like we get huge crowds of the public as spectators at our F-Class events.
We are not represented at the Olympics and F-Class events certainly are not televised on the sports channel.
Its even rare to see a snippet of information in the local news paper about target shooting.
About the only people that will ever see these rifles will be other target shooters.

GM

#57 Postby GM » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:03 am

I would have thought there was room at our ranges for anyone, regardless of the "style" of rifle they turned up with as long as it fell within the rules.
Not every shooter wishes to own a single shot dedicated f class rifle but they still wish to shoot and learn wind reading etc.
Why do we try to alienate shooters away from our sport?
Beats me.
It seems to outsiders that there is an elitism in our sport and clubs. I have felt the same in the early days of F open. Still do from time to time.
Instead of worrying what a rifle may or may not be used for, encourage the people in.
In twenty/thirty years it will be a new generations sport not ours.
Embrace the people and it may just keep the thing afloat for those shooters and hopefully their kids as well.
Grant McMullen.
Just for those who worry.
cheers
don't let the bastards grind you down

DaveMc

#58 Postby DaveMc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

Yes Linda you can post the pick. Still on holidays with kids but will post picks and descriptions of both rifles when I get back. My 2 cents: accurate rifles can be many shapes and forms that is part of what makes it so interesting.

flatlina

#59 Postby flatlina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 am

bruce moulds wrote:john,
some people like yourself garner respect because,
a. you have the courage to put your name to a statement and
b. you debate in a civilized manner without personal attack.
it is possible to argue (debate) from a different viewpoint and still respect the other person. but only if they earn the respect.
this website is a forum where most people do debate points in a respectful manner,so when the occasional odd one out surfaces, it is very obvious.
these people will never be taken seriously, because they lack the skills to put a successful argument.
keep safe,
bruce

Thanks Bruce but I've been known to speak my mind on occasions and ruffle a few feathers. The same as anyone I've got it wrong at times.

Regards
john

Seddo

#60 Postby Seddo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Its finally happened, a 30" 12 twist Pac-Nor 308 barrel.

----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”